Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

davidswift

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Hello,
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR51E with Intel Duo T7250, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU and Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I received the above message when I 'woke'the laptop up. I have tried updating the driver but none available. Can anyone advise if there is a simple cure or do I have to replace graphics card (if possible). Many thanks David

Does this only happen after you come out of sleep mode? Windows has had issues waking up from sleep mode for years. You may just have to disable sleep mode and shutdown between sessions, or check out the windows forums.

davidswift

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

Hi. No this only happened the once. But now my GPU (accelerator) does not appear to work. Desk top is all patterened and unable to play any games - even freecell. David.

Oh, that's not good. When you start seeing paterns and odd colors, that usually means the video card has overheated. If it continues after the first incident, without looking normal again, that could mean it was damaged.

If the system is still under warranty, I'd see about getting that card replaced.

I don't know a lot about laptops, but from what I've read, it varies from one laptop to the next.

TRENDING THREADS