Sign in with
Your question

P8p67 pro vga led hangup -newbuild problem

Last response: in Systems
January 19, 2011 1:28:53 PM

hiya:-) this is my first attempt at a build it yourself and am having the following problem(posted on the memory forum first)

my build is below, my memory is f3-12800cl9d-4GBXL, built my comp last night, got it running, BIOS showed everything hunky dory, got windows installed, then after a bit the VGA LED on the mobo lit up and it wont POST now. called asus and tried removing battery to clear cmos, no luck, still the VGA light comes on and no boot. asus said since my RAM wasnt on the approved list that that was the problem, and to RMA or exchange at newegg 4 the right stuff...

any guesses or help is appreciated....

thnx

guess I am looking for any advice or input to resolve this....

also when I remove ALL the ram, the computer gives the beep, beep code for missing ram, but when I remove the vid card it just has the VGA LED lit on the board, no error message....

thanks in advance...

More about : p8p67 pro vga led hangup newbuild problem

a b B Homebuilt system
January 19, 2011 10:44:05 PM

try one stick and flash the BIOS to 1003. If you did that already try 1054 i think it is. The beta BIOS. if you have BIOS version 0503 that's probably your problem.
m
l
January 21, 2011 12:07:00 AM

that is what the guy from asus tech support said, reset bios(by removing batt for a bit) and leave one stick of RAM in....no good, still hangs on VGA LED...tried the other stick of ram by itself...same, hangs on VGA LED....

I returned the vid card and the ram, will get "official" QVL ram as the asus guy said(he blamed the unofficial ram), and just in case I RMA'd the vid card for a new one(same kind) ugh...this sux...it was workin so good too....

if I do get it up and runnig I will redo the BIOS update as recommended...thanks:-)
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 22, 2011 8:42:25 AM

clear cmos first and then try the rest. For me clear cmos is a tiny hole in the back of the computer. After I pushed that button down it seems to have fixed all 3 of my problems. Which was RAM related, num lock not turning on, and a no keyboard found error.

mcbane said:
that is what the guy from asus tech support said, reset bios(by removing batt for a bit) and leave one stick of RAM in....no good, still hangs on VGA LED...tried the other stick of ram by itself...same, hangs on VGA LED....

I returned the vid card and the ram, will get "official" QVL ram as the asus guy said(he blamed the unofficial ram), and just in case I RMA'd the vid card for a new one(same kind) ugh...this sux...it was workin so good too....

if I do get it up and runnig I will redo the BIOS update as recommended...thanks:-)

m
l
January 22, 2011 7:46:11 PM

did that also...removed battery..AND cleard CMOS by moving the jumper one way, then the other...no help...getting new RAM and diff video card next week hopefully sometime...hope that does the trick...otherwise board must be fried....ugh...
m
l
January 26, 2011 6:50:58 PM

i'm having the same prob

does boot sometimes

I'm using corsair dominator 4 x 2 gig

so not sure what the prob is atm

A know issue though because i've seen afew posts about it

m
l
January 27, 2011 11:30:49 PM

yeah, mine would not boot at ALL, even to BIOS, just stuck on VGA LED....will know next week when my replacement gtx570 gets here...ugh...
m
l
January 30, 2011 3:44:29 AM

mcbane said:
yeah, mine would not boot at ALL, even to BIOS, just stuck on VGA LED....will know next week when my replacement gtx570 gets here...ugh...

I have the exact same build and it is my first build as well. the only difference is that I'm using 8 gigs of G.Skill RAM. I'm interested to see whether or not the new parts fix your issue, because the same crap happened to me. Worked fine, for like 2 days and then boom... the end. Also, I threw away the box to my RAM. Am I 100% screwed? Will Newegg let me RMA if I need to?
m
l
January 30, 2011 3:56:25 AM

yikes... i just picked up the G.Skill mem you are discussing... with the P67 pro board. I was going to install it this week.... I will send you a msg if I experience anything similar.
m
l
January 30, 2011 3:59:40 AM

a2love said:
yikes... i just picked up the G.Skill mem you are discussing... with the P67 pro board. I was going to install it this week.... I will send you a msg if I experience anything similar.

That would really be helpful! Thanks!!
m
l
February 12, 2011 6:10:31 PM

i have the same problem. vga red light. no boot into windows. no boot into bios. nothing. litle screen code A2 and VGA red light lit up.

i'm changing my asus p8p67 deluxe for a msi motherboard.

it seems that asus has this problem on these motherboards.

just google this issue and you'll see a lote of people going crazy about this issue.
m
l
February 12, 2011 7:13:24 PM

yes alot of people are having this issue, however its a good motherboard

useing 1.5 volt ram and

updating the bios should solve the problems if not i'd wait unit the z67 come out
m
l
June 8, 2011 10:54:09 PM

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but this happened with my Gtx 570 too (Asus p8p67 pro). I RMA'ed the GTX 570 and am waiting for the return. In the meantime I've got a HD 3650 running smoothly with my system.

Has anyone got the GTX 570/P8p67 Pro running together successfully?
m
l
July 24, 2011 10:17:28 AM

Mine was doing the same with an ati 5870.

Its the audio drivers for the graphics cards onboard hdmi sound controller.

Clear the CMOS to get it to boot into windows.

Uninstall all your graphics drivers.

Download 11.6 ati drivers (not sure about nvidia)

Select custom install and un-tick the audio drivers.

Install the rest.

Go to http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?lan...

Download the ATI driver (red text)

Install it.

Fixed mine.

No more red vga led boot hangs.

*I was also getting BSOD's with a system_executive_error relating to KS.SYS, which also no longer occurs incase anyone is having that issue
m
l
August 20, 2013 5:51:16 PM

I know it seems odd but try to re-seat your memory!!! It fixed my problem...
m
l
!