[[Deleted]]

What is this, a boot-loader?
I need to boot off of the CD drive.
Compaq AP400

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
http://nixbit.com/cat/system/boot/cd-shell/
CD shell is a linux based scriptable shell deisgned to make multiboot optical disks and can make you bootable disks. What issue are you having that you need to boot off the cd drive?

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
All you should need to do is start the computer and get into bios than reset the boot priority to the cd/dvd drive with your os install disk. (F2, F12, or escape on post will get you to the bios on most computers.)

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
once you load the os you should be able to remove it through the uninstall function of your operating system. Usually found through start, control panel, add/remove programs in windows. I am not a linux user most of the time, so you will probably need to post in the linux section of the forum if you need more help. I am not sure if this differs depending on the distribution of linux you are using or not.

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Again this is a software program... it is creating a virtual drive for you to boot from, you need to go into the bios and boot to the disk drive your operating system load disk is stored on and install the operating system before you can remove it.