Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best ram

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 22, 2011 1:02:11 AM

Hello,
what is the best ram for ASUS p8z68-z/gen4 and where to purchase?

More about : ram

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 329 V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 1:29:41 AM

vanbertram said:
Hello,
what is the best ram for ASUS p8z68-z/gen4 and where to purchase?

No such thing as best, depends what u want to do with it : )
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMP16GX3M4A1333C9

Four matched 4GB modules for use in high performance Intel Core i7 Dual Channel systems Outrageously fast 1333MHz performance using 16GB of memory Ultra-low 9-9-9-24 latency Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile)

Support Includes new connector for future upgrades and accessories


m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 180 V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 1:38:55 AM

What are you planning to spend for this ram and how much do you want 4gb,8gb,16gb. Agood place to buy the ram is Newegg , they have very good prices and Corsair is one of the better brands.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 2:35:06 AM

lol @nikorr. 9-9-9-24 and 1333 are both standard. Certainly not "outrageous" or "ultra-low latency".
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 329 V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 2:49:00 AM

kajabla said:
lol @nikorr. 9-9-9-24 and 1333 are both standard. Certainly not "outrageous" or "ultra-low latency".

Depends what u want to do with it : )
m
0
l
December 22, 2011 10:43:32 PM

vanbertram said:
Hello,
what is the best ram for ASUS p8z68-z/gen4 and where to purchase?


Thank you all for helping with your replies! I'm not planning on gaming, just normal everyday usage. I don't mind buying something better than I need so I don't have issues like I read in some reviews where one stick out of four didn't work. I'm considering 16 gb total, maybe just 8 gb for now. I'm going with the i7 processor, probably the 2600k.

I did find the Corsair website extremely well done, very helpful and would like to be a buyer of there products

I like quality and value, not concerned about price that much. The Corsair website recommends CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9.

I was also considering CMX8GX3M2A2000C9, is this overkill? Any and all opinions will be helpful!

I thank you in advance, Vanbertram!
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 329 V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 10:52:36 PM

vanbertram said:
Thank you all for helping with your replies! I'm not planning on gaming, just normal everyday usage. I don't mind buying something better than I need so I don't have issues like I read in some reviews where one stick out of four didn't work. I'm considering 16 gb total, maybe just 8 gb for now. I'm going with the i7 processor, probably the 2600k.

I did find the Corsair website extremely well done, very helpful and would like to be a buyer of there products

I like quality and value, not concerned about price that much. The Corsair website recommends CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9.

I was also considering CMX8GX3M2A2000C9, is this overkill? Any and all opinions will be helpful!

I thank you in advance, Vanbertram!

U will never be able to tell the difference.
m
0
l
a c 103 Ĉ ASUS
a c 221 V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 10:56:49 PM

There's a GEN4 ?

That's a hard question to answer phrased as it is ..... kind alike asking what's the best tool ..... shovel, screwdriver or hammer ?

Answer kinds depends on whether ya wanna dig a hole, take out a screw or bang in a nail.

Some of the things ya don't want are tall toothy heat sinks and fans......they serve no useful purpose.

For a multi-purpose consumer machine, 4 GB of DDR-1333 is more than enough...... gamers go to 8GB DDR3-1600 CAS9, photo / video / CAD buffs to 16 GB DDR3-1866 CAS 9 or DDR3-1600 CAS 7
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 11:21:52 PM

vanbertram said:
Thank you all for helping with your replies! I'm not planning on gaming, just normal everyday usage. I don't mind buying something better than I need so I don't have issues like I read in some reviews where one stick out of four didn't work. I'm considering 16 gb total, maybe just 8 gb for now. I'm going with the i7 processor, probably the 2600k.

I did find the Corsair website extremely well done, very helpful and would like to be a buyer of there products

I like quality and value, not concerned about price that much. The Corsair website recommends CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9.

I was also considering CMX8GX3M2A2000C9, is this overkill? Any and all opinions will be helpful!

I thank you in advance, Vanbertram!



I would recommend you to fill all of your Memory slots with Maximum supported by your Mobo.

And for the quality, just the website isn't enough. You should look for warranty and other services too.

Get Maximum supported RAM for Maximum performance of your PC(sine you have told price doesn't matter for you).
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 11:30:25 PM

^Take Naylor's post over this one. If you don't run heavy media apps or games, you won't max out 4gb. More RAM does not make for better performance if your apps don't need it; it just sits idle.
m
0
l
December 23, 2011 12:44:00 AM

what is everyday use????

I doubt you need 16 gigs of ram, and an i7 2600k for what you are using the PC for, unless you are doing heavy video editing or rendering.

If you simply use your pc for internet, watching movies, word processor, then you could save some money by axing the i7 opt for an i3 build, 4-8 gigs of ram, a sub 100 video card (probably don't even need the gpu), and a Solid state drive.

It makes sense that akash is suggesting for more ram, look at his sig.
m
0
l
December 23, 2011 2:09:56 PM

thesnappyfingers said:
what is everyday use????

I doubt you need 16 gigs of ram, and an i7 2600k for what you are using the PC for, unless you are doing heavy video editing or rendering.

If you simply use your pc for internet, watching movies, word processor, then you could save some money by axing the i7 opt for an i3 build, 4-8 gigs of ram, a sub 100 video card (probably don't even need the gpu), and a Solid state drive.

It makes sense that akash is suggesting for more ram, look at his sig.


Thanks! You say i3 not i5 or i7? I do some photo editing but not video, is 8gb ram enough and what do you think of Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 ?.

Any suggestions on an ASUS brand OR NVidia brand video card with hdmi for my 1080 TV and monitor? Thanks in advance!
m
0
l

Best solution

December 23, 2011 11:26:33 PM

like you use photoshop type editing correct?

If this is so then:

8 gbs is plenty for what you will be using it for

a two core i3 cpu is plenty for everyday use if you want more 'umph' which you probably won't really need you could opt for an i5-2500k ($100.00 less than the i7 cpu paired with a z68 or p67 mobo (z68 allows for the use of the gpu contained within the cpu p67 boards dont).

take the money you saved from not buying the i7 (100.00 if you buy the i5, about 170.00 if you buy the i3), and purchase a 120 gb ssd for your OS and a 500gb or whatever HDD for your storage.

If not gaming you really don't need a dedicated gpu, however you will need to use a z68 mobo, . Nvidia or AMD, they are both good.

Corsair makes good ram and it is highly recommended by many individuals on the forums.

two specific types of ram that are often recommended are:g skill ripjaws, Corsair vengence, they do have a cool factor, but are also great sets of ram.

When you say you are not gaming, is this true or just partially true, because gaming is one of the major thing that determine how much gpu power you will need.
Share
January 1, 2012 6:26:18 PM

Best answer selected by vanbertram.
m
0
l
!