Site High Command is going down - Can anyone takeover a ga..

Hello,

because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.

I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of friendly
and reliable players.

Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would be
welcome.

Greetings Matthias

paladin

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004

I've got an AutoTroll site and have been trolling for players since
early this year. I would be interested in seeing how we could do a
transition for your games and players.

I been hosting privately since '93 (non-AutoTroll) so I understand what
it takes to host. I set up the AutoTroll site in February. This is a
very reliable site with minimal down-time. Let me know if I can help
you, then let's work out details.

Paladin,
Host for Starbase: Echo Cluster
http://planets.hurton.org

Host High Command wrote:
> Hello,
>
> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
>
> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of friendly
> and reliable players.
>
> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would be
> welcome.
>
> Greetings Matthias

Toni

>> Host High Command wrote:
>> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
Thatz too bad, but thnx for hosting so far.

> "Paladin" <parsifal300@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Let me know if I can help
> you, then let's work out details.

Any progress ?
I got little addict to vgap and now (my) 3 games r jammed
in High Command :(
Commander without starfleet is like having fun while
watching paint to dry.

-Toni

Kero

> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
>
> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of friendly
> and reliable players.
>
> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would be
> welcome.

one or two games shouldn't be a problem.
http://arena.game-server.cc/
I can run v3 normal host and phost. add-ons shouldn't be a problem, but
I'll have to test.

+--- Kero ------------------------- kero@chello@nl ---+
| all the meaningless and empty words I spoke |
| Promises -- The Cranberries |
+--- M38c --- http://members.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+

Hello Paladin,

I really appreciate your help.

Currently I have the option to transfer 2 games to Erik of
spacecraft-portal. Many thanks, Erik!

I will host 3 games to their end, which is a tribute to some very old
friends of mine.

Then there are 11 games left. All of them are standard games which are
currently between turn 87 and 10.
My standard games end with "Best in score" at turn 125.
If you could help me here this would be GREAT. Please let me know how many
games you could take.

Greets Matthias
"Paladin" <parsifal300@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I've got an AutoTroll site and have been trolling for players since
> early this year. I would be interested in seeing how we could do a
> transition for your games and players.
>
> I been hosting privately since '93 (non-AutoTroll) so I understand what
> it takes to host. I set up the AutoTroll site in February. This is a
> very reliable site with minimal down-time. Let me know if I can help
> you, then let's work out details.
>
> Paladin,
> Host for Starbase: Echo Cluster
> http://planets.hurton.org
>

> Host High Command wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
>>
>> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of
>> friendly
>> and reliable players.
>>
>> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would
>> be
>> welcome.
>>
>> Greetings Matthias

paladin

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004

Matthias,

Thanks for the opportunity, this helps us both out. I'll get in touch
with you directly for logistics. Let's post to the group as we work out
transfer details.

Players will need to register with my site before being able to play in
their games. They may start doing that at any time by going to
http://planets.hurton.org/Register.htm. They will be entered into a
test game to ensure RST & TRN files can be exchanged. Once that is
completed they will be able to join the games as they come on line. I
would recommend the players do that *before* their games come online so
their games can continue with the least amount of delay.

Also, I would like to be able to host an archive site, or "snapshots",
for High Command. If you would like to send me the HTML for whatever
pages you would like to have archived I'll ensure they're linked in. I
would especially recommend archiving your Hall of Fame and the players
with notable rankings on your Players page. Unfortunately I will not be
able to maintain their High Command rankings on Starbase: Echo Cluster
but I will immortalize their heroic deeds.

Respectfully,
Paladin

Host High Command wrote:
> Hello Paladin,
>
> I really appreciate your help.
>
> Currently I have the option to transfer 2 games to Erik of
> spacecraft-portal. Many thanks, Erik!
>
> I will host 3 games to their end, which is a tribute to some very old
> friends of mine.
>
> Then there are 11 games left. All of them are standard games which are
> currently between turn 87 and 10.
> My standard games end with "Best in score" at turn 125.
> If you could help me here this would be GREAT. Please let me know how many
> games you could take.
>
> Greets Matthias
> "Paladin" <parsifal300@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I've got an AutoTroll site and have been trolling for players since
> > early this year. I would be interested in seeing how we could do a
> > transition for your games and players.
> >
> > I been hosting privately since '93 (non-AutoTroll) so I understand what
> > it takes to host. I set up the AutoTroll site in February. This is a
> > very reliable site with minimal down-time. Let me know if I can help
> > you, then let's work out details.
> >
> > Paladin,
> > Host for Starbase: Echo Cluster
> > http://planets.hurton.org
> >

> > Host High Command wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
> >>
> >> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of
> >> friendly
> >> and reliable players.
> >>
> >> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would
> >> be
> >> welcome.
> >>
> >> Greetings Matthias

Kero

> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
>
> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of friendly
> and reliable players.
>
> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would be
> welcome.

[I must've 'r'eplied instead of 'f'ollowed-up. but I don't put valid
email addresses in here...]

Yes, I think I can take one or two games.
http://arena.game-server.cc/
The hosting scripts are my own, not autotroll or anything known.

Add-ons must be tested, but shouldn't be a problem.

+--- Kero ------------------------- kero@chello@nl ---+
| all the meaningless and empty words I spoke |
| Promises -- The Cranberries |
+--- M38c --- http://members.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+

Kero

> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.
>
> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of friendly
> and reliable players.
>
> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games? Any help would be
> welcome.

OK, two earlier posts failed, news server is broken. Using a different
server now.

Yes, I can take one or two games
http://arena.game-server.cc/
(things may not work properly if you look right now, I'm doing some
maintenance)

The hosting scripts are mine, not autotroll or anything known.
add-ons must be tested, but shouldn't be a problem.

Bye,
Kero.

+--- Kero ------------------------- kero@chello@nl ---+
| all the meaningless and empty words I spoke |
| Promises -- The Cranberries |
+--- M38c --- http://members.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+

G'day Matthias,

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:18:00 +0200, "Host High Command" wrote:

> because of personal reasons I have to stop my activity as a host.

Another great/long time host leaving. (not many of us left) :-(

Are u going to also cease playing the game, or is it just the hosting
bit you need to stop doing

> I have currently about 15 games running (Autotroll) with a lot of
> friendly and reliable players.
> Is anyone out there who could take over one or more games?

Are Auto-Troll games using anything different than Tim's standard
host.exe?

NAVGAP is able to host any game, that uses email as the players means
of sending TRN files and getting RST files.

One day, I might work out a FTP and/or Web interface for TRN
submission.

Ta-ta,
Neil Grigg (NAVGAP operator)

Matthias,

Let me know if you have any other games you need taken over.. I can always
make extra room if you have any someone doesn't take.

BTW... sorry to see you go.

Ed