Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epson 7600 Problem

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 28, 2005 2:48:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Help!
I need to print a banner from my 7600 of 96".
I am using Illustator 7. It will not allow printing over 60".
I can find nothing in the manual to account for this.
I can work it in Photoshop 5 but it has other sordid problems.
Can anyone help?!
Thanks,
Jake

More about : epson 7600 problem

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 11:07:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

You're running into a limitation of the Epson driver.

QImage can get around it.

Tom
"Jake" <fgalea44@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106941713.618897.85940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Help!
> I need to print a banner from my 7600 of 96".
> I am using Illustator 7. It will not allow printing over 60".
> I can find nothing in the manual to account for this.
> I can work it in Photoshop 5 but it has other sordid problems.
> Can anyone help?!
> Thanks,
> Jake
>
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 4:57:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I print from a rip so it may not work as I say but, set the print for 60" print
at 160%. Or make a Pdf, rasterize in photoshop at 500ppi (dpi in PS). Adjust
size to 300 or 240 ppi. There are work arounds.

Tom

In article <1106941713.618897.85940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
fgalea44@hotmail.com says...
>
>Help!
>I need to print a banner from my 7600 of 96".
>I am using Illustator 7. It will not allow printing over 60".
>I can find nothing in the manual to account for this.
>I can work it in Photoshop 5 but it has other sordid problems.
>Can anyone help?!
>Thanks,
>Jake
>
Related resources
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:10:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"rafe bustin" <rafeb@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
news:5e8mv0t58pjj3vhuairnnf7fb6cp0fgaor@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:10:37 GMT, "Ryadia" <ryadia@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> You don't know what you're talking about, Ryadia.
>
> Go to <http://tinyurl.com/67aqk&gt; and click on
> "Product Support Bulletin(s)"
>
Your are wrong in your first line Rafe.
I have a letter from Adobe when I queried the problem my HP plotters have
printing Photos longer than 1 metre from Photoshop (CS). I guess you're like
all the other 'Experts" in this group and know better than them eh?
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:22:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:10:01 GMT, "Ryadia" <ryadia@hotmail.com> wrote:

>
>"rafe bustin" <rafeb@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
>news:5e8mv0t58pjj3vhuairnnf7fb6cp0fgaor@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:10:37 GMT, "Ryadia" <ryadia@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> You don't know what you're talking about, Ryadia.
>>
>> Go to <http://tinyurl.com/67aqk&gt; and click on
>> "Product Support Bulletin(s)"
>>
>Your are wrong in your first line Rafe.
>I have a letter from Adobe when I queried the problem my HP plotters have
>printing Photos longer than 1 metre from Photoshop (CS). I guess you're like
>all the other 'Experts" in this group and know better than them eh?


I cited a link to an Epson Product Support Bulletin,
which discusses limits imposed by the Epson driver
and by Photoshop.

I've made prints on my own Epson 7000 that give the
lie to your statement about a 4 foot print length limit.

I obviously can't know what you were told in
"a letter from Adobe," but the information I
cited is public. I give no credence to private
sources of information that can't be shared or
verified.


rafe b.
http://wwww.terrapinphoto.com
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:43:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Tom Monego wrote:
> Rafe's experience is mine also with an Epson 9000, though i do print from a rip
> mostly, I have done 84inch canvases from photoshop 7 with no problem.
>
> Tom
>
>
Pardon my intrusion but the thread really was about a 7600 Epson. Rafe's
dogmatic attitude is as bad or no different than Ryadia's. Neither
person (even you Tom) were / are talking about the thread's header
really. Epson 7000 and 9000 are not 7600 are they?

I've hit the wall with my Canon plotter and Photoshop CS at about 1200
mm so maybe Ryadia was on to something in the first place? There was a
thread on the Adobe forums about this a few months back. It seems that
Photoshop CS does indeed have limitations on the size of paper which can
be defined by the printer. I too used Corel Draw to get over the
problem. (I don't have illustrator so I can't comment). I think the
problem is with using a roll feeder. These things (obviously) are
variable length but you have to define a fixed length in the document.


--
EOS my GOD,
Give me ISO for I have not yet seen the light.
Take away my grain, give me colour and you
shall have given me the edge!
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:43:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:43:01 +1000, Deciple of EOS
<decipleofeos@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tom Monego wrote:
>> Rafe's experience is mine also with an Epson 9000, though i do print from a rip
>> mostly, I have done 84inch canvases from photoshop 7 with no problem.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>>
>Pardon my intrusion but the thread really was about a 7600 Epson. Rafe's
> dogmatic attitude is as bad or no different than Ryadia's. Neither
>person (even you Tom) were / are talking about the thread's header
>really. Epson 7000 and 9000 are not 7600 are they?


The Epson PDF which I cited (and provided a link
for) gives print length specifications for all of
the Epson Wide Format models, from the 4000 on up
to the 10000, using Photoshop, Corel Draw, Quark
Xpress, and Illustrator. In Epson's data, there
is no difference on models from the 7000 on up --
ie., print lenght limits (using Epson driver) are
identical for the 7000, 7500, 7600, 9000, 9500,
9600, and 10000.


>I've hit the wall with my Canon plotter and Photoshop CS at about 1200
>mm so maybe Ryadia was on to something in the first place? There was a
>thread on the Adobe forums about this a few months back. It seems that
>Photoshop CS does indeed have limitations on the size of paper which can
>be defined by the printer. I too used Corel Draw to get over the
>problem. (I don't have illustrator so I can't comment). I think the
>problem is with using a roll feeder. These things (obviously) are
>variable length but you have to define a fixed length in the document.


Read the freaking Epson PDF, for crying out loud.
Unless you'd prefer to argue than actually learn
something.


rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 7:06:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

rafe bustin wrote:
>
> Read the freaking Epson PDF, for crying out loud.
> Unless you'd prefer to argue than actually learn
> something.
>
>
> rafe b.
> http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Ahh. Hit a nerve have we? Must drill slower then, in future.

--
EOS my GOD,
Give me ISO for I have not yet seen the light.
Take away my grain, give me colour and you
shall have given me the edge!
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 7:06:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:06:15 +1000, Deciple of EOS
<decipleofeos@yahoo.com> wrote:

>rafe bustin wrote:
>>
>> Read the freaking Epson PDF, for crying out loud.
>> Unless you'd prefer to argue than actually learn
>> something.


Do you think I'm going to waste a lot
of effort arguing with someone who
can't even spell "disciple??


rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
!