Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking to upgrade my videocard from a 220W PSU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 21, 2010 12:45:51 AM

It does not look like you have space to upgrade, forget the fact the PS is to weak. I don't see a graphics card slot.

Quote:
but you would get a free 16x PCI graphics slot and a pair of 1x PCI Express slots to play with if you remove the 56k modem
Score
November 21, 2010 12:50:57 AM

Randomacts said:
It does not look like you have space to upgrade, forget the fact the PS is to weak. I don't see a graphics card slot.

Quote:
but you would get a free 16x PCI graphics slot and a pair of 1x PCI Express slots to play with if you remove the 56k modem

It has a pci express slot
also i do not understand the quote?
ive seen it while digging around inside
Score
Related resources
November 21, 2010 1:17:50 AM

chtibi said:
It has a pci express slot
also i do not understand the quote?
ive seen it while digging around inside

There is a 56k modem inside and if you remove it you can put a new graphics card in.

The problem with your current graphics card is that fact that you have a 250 generic *crappy* PSU and the card needs atleast 300
Score
November 21, 2010 3:35:36 AM

Randomacts said:
There is a 56k modem inside and if you remove it you can put a new graphics card in.

The problem with your current graphics card is that fact that you have a 250 generic *crappy* PSU and the card needs atleast 300

oh i read somewhere it needs 90w, is this false?
and also what would be the consequence if i removed my modem? i have no idea what it looks like, but I have one seperate that has phone etc connected but im not sure if its the same
Score
November 22, 2010 2:26:53 PM

bump
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 2:41:40 PM

Quote:
Don't...

* Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
* Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
* Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
* Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

Source.
Score
!