Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Haf 912 advanced and storm enforcer

Last response: in Components
April 16, 2011 1:52:49 PM

Well i was previously planning on buying the haf 922 however i really don't need that massive sized thing as i wont be running any ful sized GPU's or massive aftermarket coolers... i did some research and stumbled upon the new coolermaster storm enforcer and the haf 912 advanced edition...

The question is are they available in canada yet? if not when will they be?.. ive looked in multiple online stores like newegg, tigerdirect, NCIX, etc.. and none of them are currently selling the product?

thanks in advance for any help.
a c 91 ) Power supply
April 16, 2011 2:19:01 PM

Well the standard edition HAF 912 is available on the newegg Canada website.. As for the Enforcer, it is more or less a HAF 922 with some added styling.. If you do not require that amount of space then may as well give the Antec 300 and the CM 690 II a look..
m
l
April 16, 2011 4:08:05 PM

Emperus said:
Well the standard edition HAF 912 is available on the newegg Canada website.. As for the Enforcer, it is more or less a HAF 922 with some added styling.. If you do not require that amount of space then may as well give the Antec 300 and the CM 690 II a look..

i was looking at the 690ii also, seams like a nice case with good cooling, however im not too fond of the antec 300, for $70 the antec 300 seams like a ripoff to me.... whats the difference between the 690ii advanced and basic? just more tool-less bays and an extra fan?

but still wondering when this storm enforcer is going to be available and what the price will be in canada? i really like the usb 3.0 with internal motherboard connectors as opposed to having to route it out to the back of your motherboard for the 3.0
m
l
Related resources
a c 274 ) Power supply
April 17, 2011 1:11:27 AM

The Enforcer is a remodelled 912, same interior,different exterior.
I kind of like it, since i find the HAF series ugly.
It will retail for $90.Not even offered for sale at CM Store yet.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...
Ncix has been selling the Antec 300 for under $35 with rebate for the last month.
I have a CM690II Basic which is fine but the Advanced is a far better value and usually only $10 more.
Advanced has extra 140mm fan,ssd mount,hot-swap hdd,and a gpu bracket.
m
l
April 17, 2011 1:55:51 AM

davcon said:
The Enforcer is a remodelled 912, same interior,different exterior.
I kind of like it, since i find the HAF series ugly.
It will retail for $90.Not even offered for sale at CM Store yet.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...
Ncix has been selling the Antec 300 for under $35 with rebate for the last month.
I have a CM690II Basic which is fine but the Advanced is a far better value and usually only $10 more.
Advanced has extra 140mm fan,ssd mount,hot-swap hdd,and a gpu bracket.

yeah i dont really like the haf series exterior look but was going to get one anyway just because of the amount of space and features of the case but i really like the storm enforcer inside and out plus the two front usb3.0's are a major plus

so should i buy the cm 690ii advanced, or should i just wait for the storm enforcer?
m
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
April 17, 2011 2:54:20 AM

Cases are a personal choice!
Hardware Canucks has a video review of the 690II Advanced as well.
The CM690II's have alot more fan mount locations if that's important to you.
I would wait for the 912 Advanced and Enforcer release and go from there.
m
l

Best solution

a c 91 ) Power supply
April 17, 2011 3:39:51 AM

Here is a good site to get video reviews -

www.3dgameman.com

If I were you, I would wait for the Enforcer to show up.. Shouldn't be long as most of the major sites have already gone through a review (with good remarks)..
April 17, 2011 2:59:51 PM

thanks everyone, ill just wait until the storm enforcer comes out and then im going to decide if i want that or the 690ii
m
l
April 17, 2011 2:59:57 PM

Best answer selected by VibrantxxNinjas.
m
l
!