Monitor flickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze15301

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
i have 2 monitors a 920wm 19 inch wide screen and a synce master 930B. both are sam sung monitors. i have a flickering going on between them. it will switch screen on occasion. i know both monitors work apart and with other monitors but not together. i have got new cables and i have reinstalled allt eh drivers.

please help me

Solution
The check box I was refering to is just below the Lock button. It says, "Enable ATI Overdrive". You just have to uncheck that box and apply.

The unlock button is a one time use button.

Your memory clocks are in lower power state, and is the same problem I had. Unchecking the "enable ATI Overdrive" button should fix it.
Are you using an ATI card?

This sounds like the issue where in 2D mode, the drivers drop the clocks too low to handle 2 monitors. You might want to try the latest Catalyst drivers. It usually never happens unless you use the Catalyst Overdrive options. You could fix it by simply turning that off most the time. The newer drivers may have fixed this as well.

Btw, what is the frequency of the flickering? If it just happens once in a while, then unfortunately, I never could resolve that. If it's the horrible out of control flickering on 1 monitor only, then I can help you.

The once a few minute flickering is the reason I no longer use an ATi card.

blaze15301

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
im working on the screen shot now. the flickering gets really horrible when i play a game or watch a movie. it varies between screens. sometimes it will be on the full screen sometimes the wide screen. the other night it was so bad i had to stop everything it was jsut randoly happening while i was brosing the web. it does it every 3-5 seconds

Ya, this has to do with the low power mode and memory clocks. Turning off Overdrive seemed to fix it for most drivers. You may want to try installing a different set of drivers if this doesn't fix it. I believe 10.9 or 10.8 fixed it. 10.3 worked with overdrive locked.

Edit: with it locked

blaze15301

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

here is the link you to my screen shot.

thanks for helping me with this samsung support sucks.

2z8uj2e.png

The check box I was refering to is just below the Lock button. It says, "Enable ATI Overdrive". You just have to uncheck that box and apply.

The unlock button is a one time use button.

Your memory clocks are in lower power state, and is the same problem I had. Unchecking the "enable ATI Overdrive" button should fix it.

Solution

blaze15301

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

yep this has fixed the issue adn i thank you very very very much for helping me with this.

If you do want to use Overdrive, you could try an older set of drivers, I believe 10.9 (+ or - 1) allowed me to use overdrive, and keep the higher memory clocks. In fact, someone earlier was having issues with his 10.10 drivers doing that, even with 1 monitor, and installing 10.11 fixed his issue. That may also mean 10.10 would allow you to use ATI Overdrive and have the higher memory clock.

blaze15301

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

im just going to use msi after burner to over clock or riva tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.