Window Vista Business to Window 7 Ultimate

I am trying to upgrade my laptop form Window Vista Business to Window 7 Ultimate. I have run through the Window 7 Upgrade Advisor and found no issue. When it tried to installed Window 7, it will successfully complete Copying of files and will halt after attempting to perform expanding Files for a while. It just return setup failed and only option is to click OK and it stop installing. I already have the latest patch for Vista and turned of anti-virus or firewall. Any ideas what is happening here ?
3 answers Last reply
More about window vista business window ultimate
  1. 1. Why the hell are you upgrading to Ultimate?

2. List full specs of the laptop.

3. Most here recommend a clean install in any case.
  2. Iv had a similar issue with xp to vista. Try upgrading within windows, then try booting from the cd and upgrading that way. If that doesnt work, try formatting and do a fresh install, remember to backup your files first.
  3. Why not use the W7 Easy Transfer Wizard to save your files and settings, then do a clean install, it's easier and a better way to go. You will need to reinstall your programs.
    To use the W7 Easy Transfer Wizard:
    Browse to the DVD drive on your computer and click migsetup.exe in the Support\Migwiz directory.
    Boot from the W7 dvd and choose custom install for a clean instalation.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Windows Vista Windows 7