Online gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

I know this has been discussed before. I am looking to manage my own
gallery on my own website, hosted by an ISP. I have used Dreamweaver
with Fireworks to create a pretty simple gallery, but am looking for
some more functionality. I have seen the free 'gallery' software but it
requires installation on the server where I do not have access.

Is there any software that will create the gallery and still work when
the files/pages are ftp'd to the site? The server is unix based and I
believe it has PHP and Perl modules installed.

Thanks

Paul

Splendid

cruzyn56 wrote:
> I have seen the free 'gallery' software but it
> requires installation on the server where I do not have access.

I think you just need to upload the configuration files, maybe set
permissions. You will need a mySQL database also I believe.

> Is there any software that will create the gallery and still work when
> the files/pages are ftp'd to the site? The server is unix based and I
> believe it has PHP and Perl modules installed.

I've written my own with PHP & no database. I'm pretty much an amateur
but it works well for me: http://www.edgehill.net/1 If you can fudge
around with the PHP code (heavily commented) it ought to be not too hard
to modify & use your own templates.

Xman

Check out Arless Image Web Page Creator. I make all my image pages and
galleries on my computer (to save them)...then after I'm all done I just
upload them via FTP. No changes are needed to be made since Arles knows to
keep the HTML dynamic where it doesn't need to know what root folder you are
in to work. It's a great program and you can customize your image gallery
very specifically. At least give it a try. It's awesome.

http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

"cruzyn56" <cruzyn56@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I know this has been discussed before. I am looking to manage my own
> gallery on my own website, hosted by an ISP. I have used Dreamweaver
> with Fireworks to create a pretty simple gallery, but am looking for
> some more functionality. I have seen the free 'gallery' software but it
> requires installation on the server where I do not have access.
>
> Is there any software that will create the gallery and still work when
> the files/pages are ftp'd to the site? The server is unix based and I
> believe it has PHP and Perl modules installed.
>
> Thanks

Johnny

> Check out Arless Image Web Page Creator. I make all my image pages and
> galleries on my computer (to save them)...then after I'm all done I just
> upload them via FTP. No changes are needed to be made since Arles knows to
> keep the HTML dynamic where it doesn't need to know what root folder you are
> in to work. It's a great program and you can customize your image gallery
> very specifically. At least give it a try. It's awesome.
>
> http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

I'll second the vote for Arles. And it's extremely flexible if you know
some HTML.

John