Sign in with
Your question

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H + AMD Phenom II x3 720 Slow

Last response: in Systems
January 20, 2011 1:36:29 AM

Hello,
I am having some slow load and lag issues with my computer build. Its only a year old and its slow. I don't know why, I overclocked my comp before for fun and used it for a while and its been lagging since. Even when I restore default settings its the same.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 720 black edition

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H

RAM: DDR3 1gig - 512mb x 512mb

PSU: Cooler master 500w

Cooler: Artic Cooling Rev2

Ok so whats going on here?? I overclocked my setup from 2.8 to 3.4ghz for awhile, and ever since its been slow and sluggish even when I reset the settings.

So when I boot XP it takes 30secs on the welcome screen to get in. This is when I have the computer at stock settings. And once in I lag and have to wait atleast a minute before I can actually move around freely.

Here's another odd thing, when I over clock my comp, it takes 30secs or more to actually reach the welcome screen, it starts black first than goes to welcome screen.

I am having suspitions its the mobo, since ram, is good, tested it on another comp no problem there.

And it cant be the hard drive thats new too.

Soo any ideas why??
January 20, 2011 1:57:02 AM

With that low amount of memory, it sounds like something got inserted into your start up process that's eating up a lot of memory. I'd start up msconfig, remove anything that isn't necessary and see if that clears up your slow system.

-Wolf sends
m
l
January 20, 2011 2:00:13 AM

I've also tested the computer with 2 gigs of ram and it still slow, and also tried disabling extra programs in the back ground and samething. Kind of wondering could overclocking slow down a computer later??? Since I added more volts to the cpu. Could it have fried the chip or board making it slower???
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2011 10:49:25 AM

Unfortunately, as I have never overclocked anything, I can't answer that question.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!