Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 - A Disk Drive error occurred

Last response: in Motherboards
December 22, 2011 6:40:43 PM

Hello,
I am having an issue with my laptop, recently this morning it began giving me a issue stating that "A disk drive read error occurred press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" No matter how many times I restart I am left with the same result. I have looked at the HD a few times and have looked up answers over the internet, anything I find typically requires the Win7 install disc. However, I do not have this disc. Does anyone know a way I can fix this? I have already done Diagnostics to scan, but it replies with no errors found. Is there a way I could fix this using Bios Setup? Or is the issue to great?
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2011 11:24:58 PM

With which tool you did diagnozied the scan, while your OS doesn't even boot?
a b $ Windows 7
a c 118 V Motherboard
December 23, 2011 1:38:56 AM

laptop usualy have a recovery part on the disk
Related resources
December 23, 2011 3:31:16 AM

Akashdeep said:
With which tool you did diagnozied the scan, while your OS doesn't even boot?

The OS doesn't boot but as it is loading I am givin two options, either f2 for setup. Or f12 for one-time boot options (such as running a CD / DVD while booting) To Diagnose I just used the F12 - Diagnostics scan. More of a built in tool.

scout_03 said:
laptop usualy have a recovery part on the disk

Laptops do have a recovery tool, but it is apart of the OS. Unless I have the win7 cd, which I don't.
a b $ Windows 7
a c 118 V Motherboard
December 24, 2011 12:10:59 AM

the name and model of it
December 25, 2011 6:57:14 PM

scout_03 said:
the name and model of it

The laptop itself is DELL but the hard drive is Western Digital - 1140-T3F-045S9514LX32J

If your looking for an image of it though you can see it right here http://www.nextag.com/WD3200BEVT/shop-html
!