Kernal Power 41 (63)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickeagles416

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Everytime I play computer games my computer freezes up and when I restart and look in the event viewer, it shows critical error Kernel Power 41. When the computer freezes, i can still talk to people in teamspeak, but i can not ctrl+alt+del or alt+tab. The computer is completely locked up and theres nothing I can do but manually restart. Ive done hours and hours of research online and tried all of the solutions that some people have found, such as disabling the extra or all sound devices, doing a clean restart or shutdown, and updating all drivers. Ive done memory checks, clean system restores and everything checks out fine. I was wondering if theres anyway this problem could be related to my PSU. I have always been worried that my PSU hasnt been big enough as ive upgraded my PC along the year. If anyone has any solutions or knows if this could be a power supply related issue, any help is appreciated. I dont want to take one of the graphics cards out unless I have to because i have a cooler over them and with my cabling its a pain in the you know what. I wantd to check with you guys first to see if its worth doing.

My Specs:

AMD Phenom 1090T @stock settings
ASUS Formula Crosshair IV Motherboard
2x ATI Radeon 5870s
16GB Gskills Ripjaws 1333Mhz RAM
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB MI SSD
1.5TB Western Digital Black 7200RPM Hard Drive

I have 5 case fans, a memory cooler, corsair h60 liquid cooler, 4 cathode lights, and a cd drive also running. Also, is it worth possibly RMA-ing the motherboard. If you need anymore information just ask. Thank you so much!

All Temperatures and Voltages are fine.

OCZ Fatality 750W PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817341041

Solution
Yep Def's psu related dude,

I run a 750w with 6 fans, and 1 gpu.. and thats pussing it somethimes, I would smash up a Tough-Power Psu @ 1000W

41 Error:

EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress true
PowerButtonTimestamp 129165039139928187

As far as I can see 41 is power related... and just lookin at this I would strongly recommend a bigger PSU

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Yep Def's psu related dude,

I run a 750w with 6 fans, and 1 gpu.. and thats pussing it somethimes, I would smash up a Tough-Power Psu @ 1000W

41 Error:

EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress true
PowerButtonTimestamp 129165039139928187

As far as I can see 41 is power related... and just lookin at this I would strongly recommend a bigger PSU

Solution

nickeagles416

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
That what I figured so i did spend the time to take the graphics card out and it still froze with one in. And also ive been playing with this same set up for about 9 months now and never had the problem. I just want to be very sure before dropping more money on a new PSU.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Yea even if it does run smoothly.. it's only a matter of time eyy.. Unless its a 750W toughpower Gold edition I would look at replacing. Check what your CPU is running at % wise... if your playing a CPU hungry game like BF3 on ultra you could be giving you cpu a run for it's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.