Status
Not open for further replies.

sahall91

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Does anyone own a gtx 580? If so how is it working for you? I know the reviews all say good things but nothings better than average people's computers (rather than the super performance test rigs). What kind of problems should i expect and need to overcome( like heat, certain chipseets and things that dont quite mesh together well). Im buying this mostly for gaming so i dont have to replace it for a long while and can avoid SLI, im teetering between this and a 470 OR 460 (sonic platinum or EVGA FTW).

Thanks for your time. :)

Ze Raven Effekkt

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
1200x1080i (i think, i forgot the resolution of my TV), oh and speaking of, do all cards support audio through HDMI?.. at least those that have HDMI ports..

Not sure about the HDMI, but for your resolution, every single card there is a complete overkill. If you don't want to upgrade for a couple years, every single card there is more than capable of maxing out any games. Sure, you could drop 500 for a 580 and never have to worry for years to come. What I would do if you really don't like upgrading often is pick up the Gigaybyte 470 Super Overclock Series. That thing will last you for at least 5+ on that resolution. [:jaydeejohn:8]

Status
Not open for further replies.