Closed Solved

Single Slot 5770

10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about single slot 5770
  1. With this motherboard you can run all the cards in the market in CF if you have a strong PSU go for it i have the older model and i also think about it.

Just remember to plug the extra Molex 12 volts connector that has onboard for the pci-e.
  2. I don`t have the motherboard, I was just curious. I don`t need that level of performance in any case.
  3. It has from top to bottom the new Japanese capacitors that be fully operational at 105 C I have only 5-6 of that kind in my motherboard so you see? You can run everything in this motherboard. If you get a silver 1200 watts psu you can do whatever you like in feature, trust me.
  4. I guess you don`t understand. I didn`t make this thread for advice, I just wanted to know if it was theoretically possible.

Doing a 900-series i7 build is far out of my budget, as are 4 graphics cards. It was just a hypothetical question.

I don`t doubt how fast it would be, but that wasn`t my purpose in asking.
  5. It can support Core-7 processor but ONLY in 1366 socket and it can play any card in the market yes.
  6. I`m going to ask this as clearly as I can.

Does the heatsink or fan on the single slot 5770 stick out to the point where the adjacent slot becomes unusable
  7. Best answer
    user 18 said:
    I`m going to ask this as clearly as I can.

Does the heatsink or fan on the single slot 5770 stick out to the point where the adjacent slot becomes unusable

No --- Hence the SINGLE SLOT designation !!

From the card specs :

Quote:
    Card Dimension -- 8.5x 4.376x .75 in
    So it is .75inches wide if you want to check for yourself ! -- and Here is a profile shot so you can see the thickness in relation to the back slot case cover :

8. Thank you. It was difficult to tell from pictures or reviews.

The ASUS Ares (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121388&cm_re=ares-_-14-121-388-_-Product) is (as far as I know) classified as a dual slot card, despite the fact that it`s cooling system needed a third slot. This was my question about this card.

I admit my original question may have been hard to understand, but thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
  9. Best answer selected by user 18.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards PCI Express AMD Gigabyte Radeon Graphics Product