Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

No --- Hence the SINGLE SLOT designation !!

From the card specs :

Card Dimension -- 8.5x 4.376x .75 in
So it is .75inches wide if you want to check for yourself ! -- and Here is a profile shot so you can see the thickness in relation to the back slot case cover :

HD577XZMF3Bracket354x312.jpg
G

With this motherboard you can run all the cards in the market in CF if you have a strong PSU go for it i have the older model and i also think about it.

Just remember to plug the extra Molex 12 volts connector that has onboard for the pci-e.

G

It has from top to bottom the new Japanese capacitors that be fully operational at 105 C I have only 5-6 of that kind in my motherboard so you see? You can run everything in this motherboard. If you get a silver 1200 watts psu you can do whatever you like in feature, trust me.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I guess you don`t understand. I didn`t make this thread for advice, I just wanted to know if it was theoretically possible.

Doing a 900-series i7 build is far out of my budget, as are 4 graphics cards. It was just a hypothetical question.

I don`t doubt how fast it would be, but that wasn`t my purpose in asking.

No --- Hence the SINGLE SLOT designation !!

From the card specs :

Card Dimension -- 8.5x 4.376x .75 in
So it is .75inches wide if you want to check for yourself ! -- and Here is a profile shot so you can see the thickness in relation to the back slot case cover :

HD577XZMF3Bracket354x312.jpg

Solution

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Thank you. It was difficult to tell from pictures or reviews.

The ASUS Ares (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121388&cm_re=ares-_-14-121-388-_-Product) is (as far as I know) classified as a dual slot card, despite the fact that it`s cooling system needed a third slot. This was my question about this card.

I admit my original question may have been hard to understand, but thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.