Hyper 212 or standard heatsink

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
hi there,i have just completed my new gaming pc and i have a coolermaster hyper 212 plus heatsink fitted to a core I5 2500k,with 2 fans,does anyone know what the temparature difference is between this and the standard intel cooler,now the cpu is 32c with the fans set on 7-10 on a asrock p67 pro3 mobo, it is in a coolermaster gladiator 600 case, i am thinking of fitting the intel cooler to reduce the noise.the cpu is not overclocked..or should i simply remove one of the fans on the hyper 212 cooler

Solution
A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS
CASEVENTILATION.jpg

ravenholm

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I agree. Remove a fan from the CM if you are worried about the noise. I have noticed people complaing about the stock cooler with the new SB's (getting high idle temps. It could be a faulty cooler or maybe an issue with it not being fit properly). But if i were you i wouldnt bother abt the xtra noise as long as it does a good job

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

ok thanks,if i have one fan on the hyper cooler,is it always better for it to push the air on the cooler or pull

What do you mean? You will want your cooler to take cool air and push it through the HS getting the heat pipes cool allowing the CPU to be cool.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i ask this coz the guy who fitted the cooler put two fans on the cooler,but they are facing the front of the case,pushing the air toward the front of the case,i thought the fan(when i remove one fan should be pushing air through the heatsink toward the rear of the case,is that the best way

jb6684

Distinguished
I'd stick with the single fan 212+. I've never found a stock cooler that was quieter than a decent after market cooler....

I you want further reductions in noise, put your CPU under load, Prime95 will do. You want your CPU to be under 70C under full load. If your at say 65C under full load then you could lower the RPMs on your 212+ cooler which will reduce noise.

Worst case, get a quieter fan. And/or, get quieter case fans.