Sign in with
Your question

New comp issues ; i believe?

Last response: in Systems
January 20, 2011 9:29:55 AM

Alright I just recently built a new rig; 2600k on an asus p8p67 pro. I was able to install windows on my ssd and everything seems to be working fine. However, i am noticing a few things that seem out of place. I have a few red lights on the board right around post; the lights are the DRAM_ LEG as well as on the top right corner near where it says "TPU." Also i believe the temps may be a tad high. I am idling at about 39 C and going up to about the 50's from just a few minutes doing a stress test. I have not oced it as of yet. I am using a noctua-d14 heatsink. I have tried resetting cmos as well and still seem to have the same issue with the red lights. Bios is currently at 1003 btw.

More about : comp issues

a b B Homebuilt system
January 20, 2011 9:46:14 AM

Any error lights should be explained by the MB users manual or included instruction CD...

Hard to believe there are serious mem issues if the rig is working fine, mine be a momentary condition while the MB is still POSTing

I'd not be expecting 24c temps at idle; 50C is not really all that warm as cores are being used....
m
l
January 20, 2011 10:21:28 AM

What memory are you using? is it 1.5V or 1.65? I believe 1.5V is the most compatible one, so that may be a problem.

Also, I'm concerned about that same mobo and cpu cooler and having enough room for the RAM. Did you manage to make everything fit in?
Did you have to use a splitter for the cooler fans? is your mobo controlling the CPU fan speeds properly?

Sorry, more questions than answers! ;) 
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2011 1:16:20 PM

Alright, there seems to only be one error now. While in the bios and while loading windows the boot device led turns on/stays on but after windows is loaded, no red lights remain. As for the mem, i have two sticks of ram 2x2gb 1.5v (Gskill ripjaw X) the one 'specifically' made for sandybridge.

In regards to the cpu heatsink, as i said before i idle at around 30 when i am simply in wondows, however even without an oc during prime 95 i idle at about 50(all cores). If i was to oc, what temps could i expect.

Is this normal temp for a noctua d14? All fit well with enough spacing, no issues and nothing touching.
m
l
January 20, 2011 3:33:12 PM

From my reading on the Sandybridge chipset; It's not meant to be a OCers dream, as they locked down a few tricks usually emplyed by OC'ers.
How's your cable management inside the case; to keep things cool you need good air flow. As long as all your installed memory shows up, you should be fine.
My X58 computer takes longer to post than it does to boot into windows.

su593ct said:
Alright, there seems to only be one error now. While in the bios and while loading windows the boot device led turns on/stays on but after windows is loaded, no red lights remain. As for the mem, i have two sticks of ram 2x2gb 1.5v (Gskill ripjaw X) the one 'specifically' made for sandybridge.

In regards to the cpu heatsink, as i said before i idle at around 30 when i am simply in wondows, however even without an oc during prime 95 i idle at about 50(all cores). If i was to oc, what temps could i expect.

Is this normal temp for a noctua d14? All fit well with enough spacing, no issues and nothing touching.

m
l
!