Windows 7 64-bit and Rosewill Wireless card

I just built a new PC this week, and everything works beautifully. Except for my new wireless card. It's a Rosewill RNX-G300EX and I have Windows 7 Home 64-bit. I have tried everything I could think of to fix this problem. I know others have experienced the same problem where the Rosewill icon turns black, with a big X on it, and says "Not Exist" even though device manager shows the adapter working perfectly.

I have re-set the adapter in the slot (there's only one, so no spare slot to test it in).

I have verified correct drivers, re-installed them, checked my firewall settings, disabled home groups per a previous suggestion.

Windows is fully updated, and I don't currently have a virus protector or anything that would interfere. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows rosewill wireless card
  1. Edit: Additional info--

There's not an on/off switch anywhere that would enable or disable it.
    I'm using an AT&T 2Wire Gateway modem/router, and it works just fine for two other computers in the house.
  2. have you tried uninstalling the RaConfig utility? It might cause the issue. Just have Windows control the card
  3. I have tried this multiple times, including one more attempt just now. Unfortunately, the adapter is still not recognizing itself or picking up any signal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Rosewill Windows 7 Wireless Networking