Offer for this PC

s1lent

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Hey,

1) Need a little advice. I have been offered $450 for this PC below! I wanted around $550 or $500. Can you tell me if you think I should go for it!

2) Also, with this money I am looking to buy a Laptop for Movies (Blu-ray and DVD's), work and for internet! I am looking to spend about $1000 or less! Can anyone suggest a good laptop?

Here is what is inside! Take a look!

Vista 32bit----
ASUS Corsair I 941 pin motherboard (Nvidia chipset board)----
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 5600+ 2.91 ghz--
DVD ROM------
Value Select 4 gb--------
Rocket fish 550w power supply
Tower--Ninja (478x260x540mm)----
W/ Sceptre 20.1" monitor----
Microsoft Wave Keyboard
Logitech mouse
With GeForce GTX285 1024 MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 --This GPU is worth $250 easy!

Thanks for your help!
S1lent

Solution
$450 is a decent offer and I would probably suggest taking it. The issue you are going to run into is, AMD chipsets are just not as fast as their newer cousins from Intel and the Sandy Bridge set ups and making them faster and cheaper. AMD is just not going to be able to keep up and, with that, it will be harder to sell systems based on the amd chipsets (also the athlon 64 x2 is getting old by comparison to many of the newer builds you will see) so I would take what you can get from it and move on.

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
$450 is a decent offer and I would probably suggest taking it. The issue you are going to run into is, AMD chipsets are just not as fast as their newer cousins from Intel and the Sandy Bridge set ups and making them faster and cheaper. AMD is just not going to be able to keep up and, with that, it will be harder to sell systems based on the amd chipsets (also the athlon 64 x2 is getting old by comparison to many of the newer builds you will see) so I would take what you can get from it and move on.

Solution