1600mhz ram on a 1333/ 1066 mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsonavane

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 1600MHz RAM 4GB DDR3 FOR MY DESKTOP BUT LATER I FOUND OUT MY MOTHERBOARD ONLY SUPPORTS 1066/1333 MHz DDR3 RAM. WILL DIS NEW RAM WORK WITHOUT NE PROBLEM???

:hello: Welcome to the forums.

First, a note about forum netiquette: We consider all caps to be shouting and it is very rude.

Like slicedtoad said, you should be able to downclock the RAM and it should work. But here is why we need the motherboard and RAM details: motherboard makers publish a QVL (Qualified Vendor List) of memory that has been tested to work with that particular motherboard. That is the good news. The sort of bad news is that if a particular memory doesn't appear on the QVL, it doesn't mean that the memory will not work. It may just mean that the memory wasn't tested.

But generally, if you find similar models of the same brand on the QVL, what you have should work.

hsonavane

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011

thanx for the reply...
i checked d bios n its showing me d ram frequency as 1333MHz... so i guess it has automatically downgraded d ram clock frequency... nw ders a new issue i got a graphics card successfully installed it wid all d drivers but nw every tym i start my pc it says dumping physical memory... it will dump physical memory 2-3 times n den boot to safe mode or it will very rarely boot normally... wen i removed my graphics card d pc works f9... no memory dumping... i restarted it a hundred times n it booted just f9... den i again inserted d graphics card n i got d same message 'dumping physical memory'. i downloaded d latest drivers for my graphics card but still d problem persists..

Intel core i3-2100,3.1 Ghz, 3MB cache, LGA1155
ASUS P8 H61-M LX rev 3.0
GeForce galaxy 210 PCI-E 1024MB/MO ddr3 HDMI + DVI + VGA 64 bit

hsonavane

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
ya it says dumping physical memory but not d typical blue screen ... it has cmd prompt lyk display.

Intel core i3-2100,3.1 Ghz, 3MB cache, LGA1155
ASUS P8 H61-M LX rev 3.0
GeForce galaxy 210 PCI-E 1024MB/MO ddr3 HDMI + DVI + VGA 64 bit

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
... Haven't seen that before. Unless someone else has another idea, here's what i'd do:

-uninstall and driversweep (download the program called driversweeper). Then reinstall the newest drivers.

-rma the card or contact galaxy.

edit:
does it run fine when it does start up?

hsonavane

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011

tried it but nothings working..
i think its time to contact galaxy now... will let u knw wht happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.