Sign in with
Your question

AMDx4 965BE with GTX570 EVGA?

Last response: in CPUs
April 17, 2011 3:48:05 PM

I'm planning to change my computer ( core 2 system ) to an AMD x4 system , my question is will the CPU work good with the EVGA 570 GTX??
rest specs will be:
4 GB kingston DDR3 1600
Bequiet! 530Watt PSU
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO

thanks for help :D 
April 17, 2011 4:08:02 PM

the thing is , I'm a pilto student ( so Ihaven't too much money right now ) , and I was lucky to get the CPU for free, but if i can how mcuh would cost an I5-2500k or i7-2600k with an normal mobo?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 17, 2011 4:18:51 PM

No..the cpu is good to run most applications.I would rather you just upgrade the current psu.That is all.
Being a student you dont have money so just keep the money that you have and upgrade later when you really need to.There is still life in AMD phenom cpus.
You could have told me of your situation first rather than say you want to buy an AMD setup.Amd isnt worth recommending unless you get a massive discount on the cpu's.
April 17, 2011 5:32:24 PM

AMD is defently worth recommending ....

you people giving others advice need to take into account the SOFTWARE that's on the market today ...

how many programs will REALLY see the difference between a high end intel chip and a 4 core AMD ? very very few ...

if people were talking about CS5 i could understand the recommendation , other than that all your doing is encourging people to throw money away ..
a b à CPUs
April 17, 2011 6:07:03 PM

marquis said:
AMD is defently worth recommending ....

you people giving others advice need to take into account the SOFTWARE that's on the market today ...

how many programs will REALLY see the difference between a high end intel chip and a 4 core AMD ? very very few ...

if people were talking about CS5 i could understand the recommendation , other than that all your doing is encourging people to throw money away ..

I would disagree..How can we recommend anything from AMD?whether price or performance..Benches have said it time and again.

Even in Anandtech benches i3 2100(3.1ghz) has really held itself well against the phenom II x4 965(3.4ghz) with phenom clocked at 300mhz higher
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/102?vs=289
April 17, 2011 6:08:23 PM

The psu will work with the gtx 570 and the processor you have..however..investing in a newer one may be a wise choice..there may instances where you could potentially get erros, freezes, bsod, etc because of the insufficient power..but, it may work.. consider upgrading the psu just to be on the safe side
a c 103 à CPUs
April 17, 2011 9:06:14 PM

Nothing wrong with AMD a 955BE is only slightly more than an i3 2100 its motherboards are cheaper and have alot more features at a lower price and unlike the i3 you can overclock it. I know theres not point in comparing it to a 2500K as it loses every time but you can get a 955BE and a motherboard for the price of just a 2500K.
Back to the question the CPU & GPU are a good combination better if you get a 212+ cooler and overclock to 3.8-4GHz.
a b à CPUs
April 18, 2011 8:57:19 AM

If you've gotten that 965 BE for free, then there is no point spending cash on a new CPU/MB. It'll do fine with the GTX570 though you must OC it if you want to get the most out of the 570.

And get a new PSU, that one isn't enough for an 570. I'd recommend a Corsair TX650/Seasonic 620W.
a b à CPUs
April 18, 2011 12:45:45 PM

simon12 said:
Nothing wrong with AMD a 955BE is only slightly more than an i3 2100 its motherboards are cheaper and have alot more features at a lower price and unlike the i3 you can overclock it. I know theres not point in comparing it to a 2500K as it loses every time but you can get a 955BE and a motherboard for the price of just a 2500K.
Back to the question the CPU & GPU are a good combination better if you get a 212+ cooler and overclock to 3.8-4GHz.

I tend to agree with Zulfadhli that Intel is a slightly better option overall. Yes, the boards and chips cost a marginal amount more (though I give you credit since most people who recommend AMD seem to think Intel only has the $999 extreme edition in its entire lineup), but run cooler and overclock better.

The Phenom II can go to 4 GHZ if you give it a kick in the pants with enough voltage (from what I've seen of them), whereas a friend's I5 is doing 4.4 with barely a nudge over stock. That's where the value equation gets messed up. If, let's say, a dual core Intel chip gives the Phenom a run for its money even when it's clocked 300 MHZ slower, what happens when you have an i5 quad core overclocked 400 MHZ higher? Paying $100 or $150 more for a system that will basically destroy the other in any sort of intensive use and be more future proof isn't a bad proposition.

!