Water spill on laptop keyboard problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 12:12:50 PM

My wife spilled half a glass of water on the laptop toshiba 7020ct.
she cleaned it up.

after this incident the keys are typing the wrong letters for eg. if i
type H i get G and some times two or more letters for the same key.

She says she has pressed the keys vigorously during the cleaning i was
wondering if she activated some key or compressed some key which is
causing the problem.

i cleaned the keys by removing the keys but it did not help

I noticed some thing else when i switch on the computer it gives me a
message saying update EC / KBC . Where can i find this and how do i
update

I can use external keyboard and mouse with out any problem.

I am a computer illiterate please help

thanks in advance

Manohar

email address

manymanu@yahoo.ca
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 10:00:37 PM

You need to let it dry for a LONG time -- days -- before attempting to
evaluate the problem. Unfortunately, the most likely outcome is that
you will have to replace the keyboard, but there is a chance that it
will be ok (the fact that it was only water is very good and helps a lot).

I'd ignore the KBC message for now, it's probably an "artifact" of the
spill problem and probably doesn't indicate a separate problem. (KBC =
keyboard controller chip, a microprocessor on the motherboard).

Manohar wrote:

> My wife spilled half a glass of water on the laptop toshiba 7020ct.
> she cleaned it up.
>
> after this incident the keys are typing the wrong letters for eg. if i
> type H i get G and some times two or more letters for the same key.
>
> She says she has pressed the keys vigorously during the cleaning i was
> wondering if she activated some key or compressed some key which is
> causing the problem.
>
> i cleaned the keys by removing the keys but it did not help
>
> I noticed some thing else when i switch on the computer it gives me a
> message saying update EC / KBC . Where can i find this and how do i
> update
>
> I can use external keyboard and mouse with out any problem.
>
> I am a computer illiterate please help
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Manohar
>
> email address
>
> manymanu@yahoo.ca
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 7, 2005 9:30:47 AM

Manohar wrote:

> My wife spilled half a glass of water on the laptop toshiba 7020ct.
> she cleaned it up.
>
> after this incident the keys are typing the wrong letters for eg. if i
> type H i get G and some times two or more letters for the same key.
>
> She says she has pressed the keys vigorously during the cleaning i was
> wondering if she activated some key or compressed some key which is
> causing the problem.
>
> i cleaned the keys by removing the keys but it did not help
>
> I noticed some thing else when i switch on the computer it gives me a
> message saying update EC / KBC . Where can i find this and how do i
> update
>
> I can use external keyboard and mouse with out any problem.
>
> I am a computer illiterate please help
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Manohar
>
> email address
>
> manymanu@yahoo.ca

get another wife.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 7, 2005 5:53:51 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 06:30:47 -0600, RedpIll <RedpIll@takeIT.org>
wrote:

>Manohar wrote:
>
>> My wife spilled half a glass of water on the laptop toshiba 7020ct.
>> she cleaned it up.
>>
>> after this incident the keys are typing the wrong letters for eg. if i
>> type H i get G and some times two or more letters for the same key.
>>
>> She says she has pressed the keys vigorously during the cleaning i was
>> wondering if she activated some key or compressed some key which is
>> causing the problem.
>>
>> i cleaned the keys by removing the keys but it did not help
>>
>> I noticed some thing else when i switch on the computer it gives me a
>> message saying update EC / KBC . Where can i find this and how do i
>> update
>>
>> I can use external keyboard and mouse with out any problem.
>>
>> I am a computer illiterate please help
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> Manohar
>>
>> email address
>>
>> manymanu@yahoo.ca
>
>get another wife.

Even if you were Mormon, there are some legal issues with that.
Besides, wife #1 might object.

MCheu
!