Recommend me a graphic card for my Mother board ?

Hello,

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
Windows XP Professional SP3 (Build 2600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T
CPUID : 6.F.D / Extended : 6.F
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 2048 KB
Core : Conroe (65 nm) / Stepping : M0
Freq : 1197.13 MHz (199.52 * 6)

MB Brand : Intel
MB Model : D945GCPE
NB : Intel i945G rev A2
SB : Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev A1
GPU Type : Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
DirectX Version : 9.0c


RAM : 1024 MB DDR2 Single Channel
RAM Speed : 332.5 MHz (3:5) @ 5-5-5-15
Slot 1 : 1024MB (5300)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Hyundai Electronics


please tell me the suitable graphic card
16 answers Last reply
More about recommend graphic card mother board
  1. If you wanna game, upgrade your RAM. By the way which PSU and monitor?
  2. hey gohanxyz,
    Your motherboard (D945GCPE) dont have any PCI-e or AGP slot so it means that u can not attach any graphic card on it.
    U have just built in graphics chip. (Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family).
    So u can not modify your computer in terms of graphic card.
  3. geniusender said:
    hey gohanxyz,
    Your motherboard (D945GCPE) dont have any PCI-e or AGP slot so it means that u can not attach any graphic card on it.
    U have just built in graphics chip. (Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family).
    So u can not modify your computer in terms of graphic card.


    well thks so should i chnge my mother board then which one sholud i BUY !!
  4. hell_storm2004 said:
    If you wanna game, upgrade your RAM. By the way which PSU and monitor?

    i have smps of ac 230 volt-50hz and
    a LG CRT moniter 1024by768 resolution
  5. hello gohanxyz,
    if u need it for gaming then u should upgrade it by choosing such board which has PCI-e slot.
    As u are having Intel core 2 duo processor so u require a motherboard having LGA 775 socket.
    If u are having more budget then u should change your processor as well.N i will recommend you Core i3,Corei5 or Core i7.
    N that case u will definitely require a motherboard having LGA 1156 socket.
    But if u have less budget and want it now then u should buy a motherboard having LGA 775 socket.
    .............................................................................................................................................................
    Now there are two types of Motherboard having LGA socket 775.
    *First one with DDR2 RAM support.
    *Second one with DDR3 RAM support.
    .............................................................................................................................................................
    And as u r having DDR2 RAM so u should go for first one.
    But if u are having more budget then u should go for DDR3 RAM support Motherboard.
    But in that case you will have to buy a DDR3 RAM too.
    ............................................................................................................................................................
    First tell me your opinion that what are you planning with respect to above choices that i have given u.
    Then i will be able to help u out.
    My questions are:
    *U just want to change your motherboard or u want to change motherboard along with the processor.
    *If u just want to change your motherboard then which one i.e:
    with DDR2 RAM support.
    or
    with DDR3 RAM support.
    *Do u need it for gaming?
  6. gohanxyz said:
    i have smps of ac 230 volt-50hz and
    a LG CRT moniter 1024by768 resolution

    Your PSU is a bit too low to handle any PSU of modern times. All i can think of is the HD5570 to work with 230W PSU. But the card is only suitable for an HTPC build. Not at all for gaming.
  7. geniusender said:
    hello gohanxyz,
    if u need it for gaming then u should upgrade it by choosing such board which has PCI-e slot.
    As u are having Intel core 2 duo processor so u require a motherboard having LGA 775 socket.
    If u are having more budget then u should change your processor as well.N i will recommend you Core i3,Corei5 or Core i7.
    N that case u will definitely require a motherboard having LGA 1156 socket.
    But if u have less budget and want it now then u should buy a motherboard having LGA 775 socket.
    .............................................................................................................................................................
    Now there are two types of Motherboard having LGA socket 775.
    *First one with DDR2 RAM support.
    *Second one with DDR3 RAM support.
    .............................................................................................................................................................
    And as u r having DDR2 RAM so u should go for first one.
    But if u are having more budget then u should go for DDR3 RAM support Motherboard.
    But in that case you will have to buy a DDR3 RAM too.
    ............................................................................................................................................................
    First tell me your opinion that what are you planning with respect to above choices that i have given u.
    Then i will be able to help u out.
    My questions are:
    *U just want to change your motherboard or u want to change motherboard along with the processor.
    *If u just want to change your motherboard then which one i.e:
    with DDR2 RAM support.
    or
    with DDR3 RAM support.
    *Do u need it for gaming?


    *****************************************************************
    well thks for your reply n...
    i m planning to chnge mother board only with DDR3 ram support and yes i need it for gaming purpose..
    and i have only 1gb ddr2 so that would not make much diffrence on price i want 4gb ram so if DDr3 is much better for gaming then i will buy ddr3..
  8. gohanxyz said:
    *****************************************************************
    well thks for your reply n...
    i m planning to chnge mother board only with DDR3 ram support and yes i need it for gaming purpose..
    and i have only 1gb ddr2 so that would not make much diffrence on price i want 4gb ram so if DDr3 is much better for gaming then i will buy ddr3..



    2 main things needed to be changed:
    Mobo & PSU

    2 secondary things needed to be changed:
    Processor & more RAM(4gb Rec.)

    Normal cost for this upgrade:
    300-400$ w/o new gpu..%
    550-600$ with a mid end gpu..%

    Description: For you to upgrade, it'll cost alot but will show a large increase in performance.
    What's the monitors resolution?
  9. gohanxyz said:
    well thks for your reply n...
    i m planning to chnge mother board only with DDR3 ram support and yes i need it for gaming purpose..
    and i have only 1gb ddr2 so that would not make much diffrence on price i want 4gb ram so if DDr3 is much better for gaming then i will buy ddr3..

    Hello gohanxyz,
    Given below is the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 in the form of summary,
    ........................................................................................................
    SUMMARY:
    1. The DDR2 memory clock runs at half of the system clock while the clock of DDR3 runs at quarter speed of the system clock
    2. DDR3 has a higher maximum bandwidth compared to DDR2.
    3. DDR3 consumes less power than DDR2.
    4. DDR3 costs more than DDR2.
    .......................................................................................................
    Buddy if u are having budget then go for DDR3
    There is not a prominent difference between DDR2 and DDR3 but DDR3 is new technology n will give u some advantage over DDR2.
    N try to buy the motherboard that have at-least 2 PCI-e X16 so that u may be able to put two graphics cards simultaneously if u want to.
    Because a good pair of graphics cards can beat a single high-end graphic card.
    Best of luck.
  10. geniusender said:
    Hello gohanxyz,
    Given below is the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 in the form of summary,
    ........................................................................................................
    SUMMARY:
    1. The DDR2 memory clock runs at half of the system clock while the clock of DDR3 runs at quarter speed of the system clock
    2. DDR3 has a higher maximum bandwidth compared to DDR2.
    3. DDR3 consumes less power than DDR2.
    4. DDR3 costs more than DDR2.
    .......................................................................................................
    Buddy if u are having budget then go for DDR3
    There is not a prominent difference between DDR2 and DDR3 but DDR3 is new technology n will give u some advantage over DDR2.
    N try to buy the motherboard that have at-least 2 PCI-e X16 so that u may be able to put two graphics cards simultaneously if u want to.
    Because a good pair of graphics cards can beat a single high-end graphic card.
    Best of luck.


    DDR3 is actually extremely cheaper.
    70$ gets you the cheapest DDR2 4gb(2x2) @ 800MHz
    50$ gets you the cheapest DDR3 4gb(2x2) @ 1600MHz
  11. dalta centauri said:
    DDR3 is actually extremely cheaper.
    70$ gets you the cheapest DDR2 4gb(2x2) @ 800MHz
    50$ gets you the cheapest DDR3 4gb(2x2) @ 1600MHz

    In my country DDR2 is cheaper.
  12. thak's guys my problem is almost solve so can u suggest any mother board..
    compatible with DDR3 ram n and with Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz.
  13. gohanxyz said:
    thak's guys my problem is almost solve so can u suggest any mother board..
    compatible with DDR3 ram n and with Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz.

    Buddy,
    Intel DP45SG.
    This board has two PCI-e slots n it also supports DDR3 RAM.It is also cheap one.
    N get at least 2GB DDR3 RAM.
    Check other motherboards especially of ASUS.
  14. Upgrade your ram , make it 2GB or More ! but atleast 2Gb for Gaming & for your system & if u have Good 430 PSU then go for Nvidia 9800 GT or Go for ATI 4850
    Wanna cheaper Options ? : ATI 4670 or 9600GT 1GB .

    with ATI 4850 u will run almost all games at high Setings , i ran Crysis warhead maxedout with no lag on 4850 ! ( with 1440rez )
  15. thks a lot guys now i know what to do ...
    thks a lot :D
  16. Good Luck !
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Intel Graphics