New Slides Out On Cayman

ares1214

Splendid

Same here. To be honest, im not entirely sure who they are trying to kid, i mean, the only way i see the math working out is 1920 SP. All of these TBD, they could of made a better acronym, i mean, if it isnt decided by now, we wont be seeing Cayman till next year! :lol:

Slides on upcoming Radeon 69XX...stinks like a beast... :sol:

http://vr-zone.com/forums/939375/69xx-slides.html

Very nice info and some slides on there that ares missed on this thread here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/303382-15-slides-cayman
You may want to consider asking a Mod to add/merge your thread with his ?
Im not saying one is more relevant than the other but Mods wont let two threads run on the same subject and ares thread did hit the forum first.

Mactronix :)

First. Thanks MM :hello:

Second. How do you work out the math on 1920 working better then ? Whats the layout with that ? I mean if you take the slides at face value they would have two sets of 15 SIMDS for 30 engines and thats way long ang thin, 3 banks of 10 maybe ?

12 i can see but 15 would be too long for me personally. So that leads me to speculate that maybe they are making teh SIMDS longer with 80 sp's the same as before ? That would be 2 banks of 12 SIMD engines and 1920 sp's.
Sounds about right, Yes/No ?

Mactronix :)

ares1214

Splendid

Well it pretty much has to be 1920 SP. They say they are doing the 4 VLIW design now, so its obviously going to be 4 groups of x amount of shaders. If its 320, well then it would be 1280, and well that just doesnt make sense. If it was 480, it would be 1920, which makes sense. This also obviously means 96 TMU. Most slides still say 32 ROP, which kinda scares me, as 32 seems a bit low, but maybe things have changed. The 30 number doesnt make much math sense for what we have now, however there were some rumors they seperated things. We shall see soon enough. Im actually a little more excited about the 570 launching, as that will be more in my price range.