Regular pci hd 4350 512mb better than onboard geforce 8200 256

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
hello there i have a question for you guys. havent had the money recently to build a new gaming rig so i was looking around on craigs list to see what i could find computer wise. i ended up finding a acer aspire x1200 with geforce 8200 256mb intergrated graphics. 4gb ram 64 x2 5400 2.8ghz. ) with vista 64 bit. i had been out of playing games awhile and started playin again. on my old computer i was playing splinter cell chaos theory and medal of honor airborne on the pci hd 4350 with highest setting and resolution with out any problem what so ever. so i decide to buy batman arkham asylum for this new acer i got, i download it and start playing it on the geforce 8200 onboard and its slower than the hills i end up haveing to play it on 800x600 with nothing what so ever on lowest everything to get it to play up to speed well sorta. my question is do you think if i install the hd 4350 512 mb pci card into this acer that it'll pretty much run anything i throw at it. i heard that the pci bus would slow it down for games but like i said i was playing medal of honor airborne with highest everything maxed out and never had 1 problem. and obviously the hd 4350 blows the geforce 8200 out of the water. thanks guys i would appreciate your insight. i dont have pci express in the acer and cant fork out anymore money at this moment.

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

is there anyway you could help me with somethins else. after i install the pci hd 4350 how do i disable the onboard video so that i can start using the hd 4350

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Usually, mobos disable on board graphics when a discrete GPU is installed. If yours doesn't, you may need to dig around in your BIOS to disable the on-board device. You may also need to set your GPU/video selection preference. Not hard to do once you locate where the settings are for your system. Just be sure to save your settings when you exit the BIOS config.

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

now is that all in my bios gpu/video selection preference and settings for my system

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes. Typically, when you power up your system (or after a restart) you press the DEL key (or whatever is requireed by your motherboard) to enter the BIOS. In there, you will find a section (typically) for integrated or on-board peripherals. You should also have a selection for which GPU you want the system to use first (with entries like on-board, PCI, and PCI-E or PEG). In your case, select PCI.

TRENDING THREADS