Sign in with
Your question

Computer dead

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2010 1:59:30 PM

Got my corsair 850W + gigabyte 6870 today.
Got them connected to my system, then Win 7 would not work anymore. (it loads up to the point where it shows the windows logo flag thing). If i repair it, it loads to desktop (no start bar, just the background picture and stays there for ever).

I did clean reformat again, it seemed to be working. Started dling graphics drivers, chipsets, updating windows 7, AVG virus scanner.
After windows update finished updating, it told me to restart, so i did. As it restarts, it starts installing the updates, then back at the black screen with the windows logo, it starts showing the.. registry update or something? then it froze there for a while and restarted by itself.
After it restarted it got stuck at the blcak screen with the windows logo again for a bit, then u see a QUICK minisecond glimpse of blue screen of death, and it restarts.

So, i decide to reformat again using Windows XP 32bit. Everything gets installed, then i install chipset drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard (i coudlnt connect to internet or plug USB in - it just didnt detect it). After installing it asks me to reboot, i reboot then same problem occurs again, now it gets stuck on the blue screen with the windows logo when its loading.

Duno what the f is going on, i am reformating again as of now with win7 again, if it does the same problem i will have to try get my old gfx card off my friend again and use it in this system again.

Any tips etc is great.

More about : computer dead

November 22, 2010 2:47:47 PM

okay the reformat i just done, installed chipset driver (dl from website) restarted - was okay. Then installed audio driver (dl form website as well), asked me to reboot after installation - it just got stuck at "shutting down" screen.
I restarted my computer using reset button, and now it gets stuck again at the same screen. Driver problem?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 5:16:13 PM

You may see this test to your new Corsair psu here:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

In The begin I belived this person that runs these test was a crazy one Because he using the power switch (cuts the power to PSU) to turn on a PSU and to bring it to 100% full load in the 12 volts rail all the quality PSUs will fail to these no matter the watts even a 1200 watts silver will fail to this!

You can see the SAME test in Thermaltake XT serius that I keep on suggesting in anyone that is asking to get a STRONG card and a PSU to run a CF or whatever in here:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

You will see that The Thermaltake 775 doesn’t dive to 0 vols BUT to raise in operational volts and to stay there stable. It has the new Japanese capacitors and they fill up faster that the old ones I mean in this test even the capacitors of the most PSUs will fail to fill up...

May the test above seemed to me crazy is not far from the reality you have a card that needs 2 6 pins pci-e connectors 75 * 2 = 150 watts maximum a new Quad that may needs 95 watts total 245 watts in load for the 0 on load now that I know how your PSU works even the 2 Molex to pci-e can help you.

See if you can change your psu to Thermaltake XT series that I usually suggest to the people of the forum for powerful cards.
Your CPU is new your motherboard is new everything else seems to be ok.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 5:57:39 PM

I have seen the tests, better yet, I understand the tests.
Looking at the pretty lines on the overshoot graph and believing that the one that's higher is better is pretty foolish.
Try and understand the meaning of this
" What do I think about the above scope shots? Well, I trimmed the scope cursors to show you the awesomeness. 4.4V, 7.7V, and 7.4V. The 5VSB results are only a bit better than average, but the 12V results are exceptional. I think I've only seen a select few units go lower than an 8V spike, and when you consider that the ATX spec only calls for the spike to stay below 13.2V it really hits home how awesome this kind of performance is. "
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 6:24:21 PM

"This particular unit did well here. The 5VSB spike climbed up to 5V, stayed there for a moment, and then dropped down a bit to its final value of just below 5V. Very nice. The 12V rail climbed a bit, spiked at around 5V, dipped a bit, and then gently climbed up to reach operating voltage, which in this case was 11.73 volts, as you can see from my test five results above."

The Thermaltake XT stayed in safe operating voltages i didn't see a 13.2.volts spike i see it raise and stay stable.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 6:38:45 PM

Thank you if the help is only in your mind but i don't need it.

I repeat i see safe operating voltages not spikes above the 12 volts, not spikes to 90% efficiency and then to drop under 80% I see safe operating voltages, stable efficiency and i don't need to see something else.

And i already wrote using the power switch to test PSUs will lead most of them to failure not the XT series you got it?
m
l
November 22, 2010 7:08:33 PM

Cool it delluser and giatrakis. The goal of the thread is to solve a hardware issue, not to argue. Anything else not dealing with the problem will be deleted.

To the OP: I had a similar issue with an HD 4850x2 last year. I even bought a new PSU, but still experienced the same issues you are having. It would seem that the GPU itself was defective, as I was able to get my old GPU to work just fine, even with both the old and new PSU. You may want to consider getting in touch with ATI support to see if they can help you work out whether or not it is a GPU issue or if there is somewhere else you need to be looking at.
m
l
November 22, 2010 10:26:59 PM

buwish said:
Cool it delluser and giatrakis. The goal of the thread is to solve a hardware issue, not to argue. Anything else not dealing with the problem will be deleted.

To the OP: I had a similar issue with an HD 4850x2 last year. I even bought a new PSU, but still experienced the same issues you are having. It would seem that the GPU itself was defective, as I was able to get my old GPU to work just fine, even with both the old and new PSU. You may want to consider getting in touch with ATI support to see if they can help you work out whether or not it is a GPU issue or if there is somewhere else you need to be looking at.

So even though you got a second PSU (im assuming you got a certified one), it still didn't work?
Hmmm i guess i'll try ask ATI or try another PSU.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:02:05 PM

expensivecomputer said:
so its just my PSU ? O.o really.. a corsair doesnt support a 6870?

I did spend a lot of time to explain to you how the psu i suggested you works for sure, i even wrote my opinion that the test in johnguru was crazy because he was using the POWER switch to cut the power to the PSU is nuts, the capacitors will be empty if you do that.

Yet if you spend time to see the Thermaltake XT images in the link that I gave above it managed to raise to safe operating voltages without a spike above or under, is remarkable to see it happening.

You already did a lot, reinstalling the windows, trying different OS i mean what else can you do? So I believe is safe to assume is your psu because ATI site does not guarantee 6870 in your PSU and it guarantees that in the PSU I suggested, it can CF 2 6870 without a problem so go figure...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:08:02 PM

Its not your psu, if everything keeps failing trying to install the 3d driver, its a good sign of a defective card.
A psu problem tends to not let the computer boot.

Giatrakis seems to keep going on and on, about PSU's with strange beliefs about their behavior. Not sure about his point in most posts.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:16:17 PM

Apparently he is under the impression that everyone runs 6 HDDs in a raid array and burns DVDs while running Prime95 and gaming at the same time.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:17:51 PM

notty22 said:
Its not your psu, if everything keeps failing trying to install the 3d driver, its a good sign of a defective card.

Giatrakis seems to keep going on and on, about PSU's with strange beliefs about their behavior. Not sure about his point in most posts.

notty22 do you really believe the test in johnguru was right ? He was cutting the power to the PSUs and then turns on trying a FULL load so you better take a look the links that I gave will help you to understand something you may not know about.

Ps: the op is hugging at load on the logging video screen at many different operating systems, he has new motherobard really good cpu so what else can we do?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:25:25 PM

benski said:
Apparently he is under the impression that everyone runs 6 HDDs in a raid array and burns DVDs while running Prime95 and gaming at the same time.

The thinks that i can do with my pc a can assure you nobody else in this forum can but is not the topic of this thread.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:29:38 PM

"Ps: the op is hugging at load on the logging video screen at many different operating systems, he has new motherobard really good cpu so what else can we do? "

Uhhhhhh tell him to get try a new video card?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:33:03 PM

To the OP: Did you really replace a 5870 with a 6870? If so why?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:33:07 PM

the others toled him that i did spend a lot of time else were.

Ps: this is a challenge for you Benski i'm sure your computer will fail to pass this test:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

the 0 memory test becouse is something you don't know about and i will not tell.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:35:20 PM

without driver
Video cards operate in a low level vga mode for compatibility reasons. Allowing them to show video in bios, and across many operating systems. When the driver loads, it makes calls to the other 80% of the video card's circuits. Best way I can explain this.
If the op could test the video card in another computer, it should exhibit the same behavior , but since he can't, this is my opinion whats going on.
I'm assuming the op has installed both power connectors to the card.
He has a high quality psu, which normally powered his computer until a NEW card was installed.
defective card
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:39:48 PM

you maybe right but i assumed he did put the latest drivers else it works with the generic VGA driver but if he stacks at the loggon how he can do that?
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:47:07 PM

notty22 said:

Finally a sensible answer. NOT a PSU fault. Giatrakis train of thought very strange indeed.

@ expensivecomputer - What motherboard are you running? is it a pcie2.x? or pcie 1.x? is the card a 2.1 card? if so, running a 2.1 card in a 1.x slot can cause issues. It sounds like your having issues before you even install the display driver, suggesting it may not even be that. Do you have another vid card or onboard video you can try? If it works with that then it may be an incompatability between the new 6870 and your motherboard or a faulty 6870. On top of that it could even be a RAM issue or hard drive issue. Bad ram or bad sectors on the hard drive can cause the problems you are having. Run memtest 86+ and run a hard drive diagnostic tool (full scan) to check for bad sectors.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 11:51:31 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
Finally a sensible answer. NOT a PSU fault. Giatrakis train of thought very strange indeed.

@ expensivecomputer - What motherboard are you running? is it a pcie2.x? or pcie 1.x? is the card a 2.1 card? if so, running a 2.1 card in a 1.x slot can cause issues. It sounds like your having issues before you even install the display driver, suggesting it may not even be that. Do you have another vid card or onboard video you can try? If it works with that then it may be an incompatability between the new 6870 and your motherboard or a faulty 6870. On top of that it could even be a RAM issue or hard drive issue. Bad ram or bad sectors on the hard drive can cause the problems you are having. Run memtest 86+ and run a hard drive diagnostic tool (full scan) to check for bad sectors.

What was the problem in my thinking me or johnguru? I never cut the power to the PSU and then trying a Turn ON to do a full 100% all the PSUs will fail to this the corsair failed to this ONLY the XT i suggested didn't fail to this you got it? go and see the links that i gave above because you missing something in the small little details that finally make the HUGE difference

Ps: you missed the first post of the op that also gave his motherboard is the GA-X58A-UD3R japanese capacitors on board....
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 12:07:22 AM

Quote:
Ps: this is a challenge for you Benski i'm sure your computer will fail to pass this test:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

the 0 memory test becouse is something you don't know about and i will not tell.

You are right my "systems will fail to provide s screen shot like this:". Mine shows 2 GPU's running at twice the FPS and is in english. And it's running on a crappy ole 620w seasonic that Johnnyguru probably screwed the tests up on too.

It's nice that you took the time to run all those test, but it's not relevant to everyones situation. There are HOUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people running systems on PSU's other than the Thermaltake XT without issue. Just because you tested that one and it's good and you don't agree with the testing methods someone used on another one doesn't mean that people need to buy the one you have.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 12:14:09 AM

benski said:
You are right my "systems will fail to provide s screen shot like this:". Mine shows 2 GPU's running at twice the FPS and is in english. And it's running on a crappy ole 620w seasonic that Johnnyguru probably screwed the tests up on too.

It's nice that you took the time to run all those test, but it's not relevant to everyones situation. There are HOUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people running systems on PSU's other than the Thermaltake XT without issue. Just because you tested that one and it's good and you don't agree with the testing methods someone used on another one doesn't mean that people need to buy the one you have.

You will not make a stable line for the cpu in task manager no matter what language you using in your windows do you need me to ask sorry that I’m a Greek? This is my job and i get paid to solve and this problem memory leak to servers can lead to a situation 0 memory if it runs for months without reboot is possible but you can't imagine even that. SO you will fail all in this forum will try to do it will fail becouse they missing something.

This is the PSU i suggested in the ATI official site and the tests they made i don't have this model but i have an XT.

http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Page...

yet you din't knew that these models can make it from 0 to stable safe operating voltages because you also missing something.

Also this is the PSU that the op has in official ATI site:

http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Page...

Do you see HD6870 in there? because if you do i MISSSED something that i didn’t already knew.
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 12:42:37 AM

expensivecomputer said:
Got my corsair 850W + gigabyte 6870 today.
Got them connected to my system, then Win 7 would not work anymore. (it loads up to the point where it shows the windows logo flag thing). If i repair it, it loads to desktop (no start bar, just the background picture and stays there for ever).

I did clean reformat again, it seemed to be working. Started dling graphics drivers, chipsets, updating windows 7, AVG virus scanner.
After windows update finished updating, it told me to restart, so i did. As it restarts, it starts installing the updates, then back at the black screen with the windows logo, it starts showing the.. registry update or something? then it froze there for a while and restarted by itself.
After it restarted it got stuck at the blcak screen with the windows logo again for a bit, then u see a QUICK minisecond glimpse of blue screen of death, and it restarts.

So, i decide to reformat again using Windows XP 32bit. Everything gets installed, then i install chipset drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard (i coudlnt connect to internet or plug USB in - it just didnt detect it). After installing it asks me to reboot, i reboot then same problem occurs again, now it gets stuck on the blue screen with the windows logo when its loading.

Duno what the f is going on, i am reformating again as of now with win7 again, if it does the same problem i will have to try get my old gfx card off my friend again and use it in this system again.

Any tips etc is great.

I think notty & buwish are correct. this has all the signs of a video card and/or driver issues.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 12:43:13 AM

Look you seem like a nice guy that is really trying to help people, and I hear Greece is nice, but this is an english site and something is being lost in translation. If you want to talk about how awesomely stable your system is post your own thread, it has nothing to do with this guys problem or the problems of the other people whose threads you keep rambling on in.
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 12:54:54 AM

benski said:
Look you seem like a nice guy that is really trying to help people, and I hear Greece is nice, but this is an english site and something is being lost in translation. If you want to talk about how awesomely stable your system is post your own thread, it has nothing to do with this guys problem or the problems of the other people whose threads you keep rambling on in.

wow, speaking of nice guys benski. i simply tell him to go make sweet love to himself in a rather vulgar way...then buwish closes the thread....ah tradition ;) 
m
l
November 23, 2010 3:01:40 AM

I have the same problem as the poster except I had a different GPU (HD4850). I eventually reformatted my drive (asked a friend to do it for me) and am now installing windows 7. Wish you luck expensive computer.
m
l
November 23, 2010 4:46:52 AM

hey guys thanks for all teh replies.
When i reformat without installing drivers etc it seems to be fine.
Its seems that on two counts of installing drivers that it screws up (first time i installed using drivers ON cd provided with the motherboard). Second time it was immediately after installing audio drivers from website.

The other times, im not sure which driver or wat, but it was definately AFTER either installing a driver OR updating my computer via windows update.

PRIOR to this NEW PSU/GPU i had a Coolermaster Extreme+ 700W (which was not recommended as a good PSU) and a gigabye HD 5870 stock. That was working normal.

But after changing to the new PSU/GPU i start having these problems.

I've got a X58A UD3R rev 2.0 motherboard.. i dont know anything else, i am noob. SO i dont know if its PCIE slot etc. The gigbayte 6870 says PCI Express 2.1.

I'm not sure how to run hard drive diagnostics (never done it before) - could you guide me?
How do you use memtest? I'm not familiar with these.. bootable ISO's and bootable floppies and stuff.

Currently my.. 7th reformat or wateva SEEMs to be working okay. Iv only installed chipset + gfx driver atm. But it seems sluggish at the start when it first loaded.. it shows the AMD opt in communication thing and lags there for about 1 minute or something, after that it seems normal. If this screws up il find my old gpu and give it a go. Each time i format i have formatted both hardrives.
m
l
November 23, 2010 4:50:05 AM

benski said:
To the OP: Did you really replace a 5870 with a 6870? If so why?

i sold my 5870 to raise funds to buy the 6950/6970 that was suppose to come out 22nd Nov. Then they said 29th Nov, but now its 13 December.

I don't have that much time, so by the time the 69xx come out i woulda have no time left to use my computer much.
So i bought the 6870 as it was cheap for its performance and was planning xfire in future.
m
l
November 23, 2010 5:04:14 AM

by the way, currently the catalyst control centre lists my graphics card as "AMD Radeon 6800 Series [ VA1912w-3 ]". The brackted part looks wierd???... is that normal, never saw anything like that on my 5870. Also MLAA option is NOT anywhere to be found in the drivers. Also mipmap tab is gone entirely (not greyed out - its actualy not there at all).

According to GPUZ
bus interface: PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ 16 2.0
BIOS Version: 013.006.000.006.038722
In "Sensors" tab
12V => 12.31V
VDDC => 0.945
VDDC Current => 2.0A
These values are while the computer is doing nothing besides a hard disk check thing.
Not sure if this helps... Also do i need to dl any new BIOS or something for my motherboard? Iv never dl bios or anything in the past.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 7:51:40 AM

"AMD Radeon 6800 Series [ VA1912w-3 ]". <- im thinking that number may be a BIOS revision.
"I'm not sure how to run hard drive diagnostics (never done it before) - could you guide me?
How do you use memtest?I'm "

If you google memtest86+ it should link you to their site. They have an iso image that you download and burn to cd and it it bootable. Same thing for the hard drive diagnostic. go to your hard drive manufacturers website (seagate, WD, or whatever it is) download their diagnostic utility, follow the instructions, likely it will be an iso to create bootable cd. Since your problems are happening upon installing windows, and installing drivers other than video card, it seems to be unlikely caused by the video card, but wouldnt rule it out completely. You could try your old PSU, but i doubt that is the cause of your problems, but since you still have it you shouldnt lose anything by giving it a shot (unless it blows up and takes out all your hardware lol - unlikely though). Start by ruling one thing out at a time. If you find a faulty RAM module, it would be best to reinstall after it is replaced, as bad ram can cause corrupt data to be written to the hard drive. Good luck.
m
l
November 23, 2010 8:54:03 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
"AMD Radeon 6800 Series [ VA1912w-3 ]". <- im thinking that number may be a BIOS revision.
"I'm not sure how to run hard drive diagnostics (never done it before) - could you guide me?
How do you use memtest?I'm "

If you google memtest86+ it should link you to their site. They have an iso image that you download and burn to cd and it it bootable. Same thing for the hard drive diagnostic. go to your hard drive manufacturers website (seagate, WD, or whatever it is) download their diagnostic utility, follow the instructions, likely it will be an iso to create bootable cd. Since your problems are happening upon installing windows, and installing drivers other than video card, it seems to be unlikely caused by the video card, but wouldnt rule it out completely. You could try your old PSU, but i doubt that is the cause of your problems, but since you still have it you shouldnt lose anything by giving it a shot (unless it blows up and takes out all your hardware lol - unlikely though). Start by ruling one thing out at a time. If you find a faulty RAM module, it would be best to reinstall after it is replaced, as bad ram can cause corrupt data to be written to the hard drive. Good luck.

okay so i burn it on a disc, and put it in CD rom. Then i treat it im reinstalling windows by using CD to boot? I know that sounds stupid and might be a simple as that, but just making sure. Once booted, i just follow the instructions?
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 8:08:37 PM

yes, boot from cd. the web site should give you some sort of user guide. just follow that.
m
l
November 23, 2010 10:09:58 PM

an update --> windows 7 is operating but i know something is wrong because:
- once it gets to desktop, it takes about 1 minute or more to load things (because i cant CLICK/RIGHT click/use start button).
- for some reason i am no longer able to use internet explorer after some hard drive checks (i used the windows 7 hard drive check -took about 7-8hours to do both 1.5tb and 500gb drive). - internet explorer loads, and just says it's connecting but nothing shows. The internet is working - because i have steam running and downloading games while i tried to load the page.
- My graphics cards drivers did not initially have MLAA/mipmap enabled. Its AA type only has standard + edge detect, and either x2 or x8. (i edited registry to restore the MLAA/mipmap tabs/options).
- i've installed stalker - shadow of chernobyl (that's working fine... getting good FPS)
- My windows 7 is fully updated so far and i have AVG running. (virus scanner thing)
- When trying to defragment my drives, it defragments BUT gets stuck at "0% consolidated".
- currently running memtest86+ this very moment (its completed 1 pass so far- not a single red line yet so im going to say my memory is fine atm?)

I will be getting my 5870 + Coolmaster ExtremePower+ 700W back today. How do you guys suggest i test it?
- put the 5870 into the system with the corsair 850W and see if it loads?
- use coolermaster PSU + HD 6870 card?
- use coolermaster PSU + HD 5870 card? (to see if it stilll normal - just like prior to the corsair PSU + 6870 change?)
I will also use the WD tool to try diagnose my western digital hard drives.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 24, 2010 1:08:43 AM

I would swap the video card first, as it is easier than unplugging all the connectors and replacing the psu. then reinstall drivers etc and test. then if that doesnt work try the psu. If it works then put the new card in and try that. Also if you have 2 pcie slots, try the card in the other slot.
m
l
November 24, 2010 3:52:50 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
I would swap the video card first, as it is easier than unplugging all the connectors and replacing the psu. then reinstall drivers etc and test. then if that doesnt work try the psu. If it works then put the new card in and try that. Also if you have 2 pcie slots, try the card in the other slot.

Thanks for the quick reply. So far i've replaced the 6870 with the 5870, still using new 850W corsair PSU and things are looking good so far i believe. I ran another 2.5 passes of memtest86+ and still no red lines, so i think memory should b out for sure.

I'll see how this goes, thanks for every1's input. By the way, if i happen to finish installing updating stuff etc and want to switch the current 5870 with the 6870 (theorectically it should still run as normal correct, just a different GPU thats all? - i will unistall the current gpu drivers before i do this)
m
l
November 24, 2010 12:06:31 PM

- Okay so corsair 850W + HD 5870 works normal.
- i then replaced the HD 5870 with the HD 6870, still using corsair 850W. Results : it hung at the same spot, starting windows + windows logo screen.
- i then re-replaced it back, with the HD 5870 and was able to do system recovery and is working again.
- I also had put the HD 6870 in a different PCI-E slot, same results - it got stuck.
- So it appears the HD 6870 is defective.. or something about it is not compatible with the mobo...

- il try swap the PSU later and see wat happens as well.
m
l
November 26, 2010 1:58:12 PM

- thoguht i got it stable but when playing games such as warcraft 3 i found that the VDDC GPU loads and Core/memory clocks spike consistently. And at the same time as these spikes occur i also get graphical glitches (got like trees glowing bright then turning back normal, random black squares and etc poping on for milliseconds then disappearing - artifact?). Temperature max was 59 which is great.
- This occurs using 4 different driver versions.
- Occurs with both corsair 850W + coolermaster 700W supplies.
- When playing warcraft 3 using MLAA enabled, the spikes disapear and it is flat consistency in GPU load and core clock etc (problem goes away).
- Putting this card in friends system worked fine it appeared, he had corsair 750HX
- duno wat the f is going on, cant return it cause they tested it and said it was working
- no spikes when playing l4d2, that seems to work fine with 6870.
- GPU load seems really low in the graph during the gaming (l4d2 around 30% but the clocks go up to max).
- fan speed around 26% most of the time.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2010 2:34:18 PM

I had a busted 6800GT that showed all the same issues. Stick it in the PC - fine. Load up Windows - fine. Install the driver - crash.

I could operate the system with no problems until I installed the drivers for the card, then Windows would boot to the Welcome screen and then die.
m
l
!