t-mobile phone on cingular network

I bought a brand new unclocked t-moble Nokia 3595 on ebay. Everything seems
to work and work well except I don't know how to change the settings to
connect to the media on cingular. When I press the i button to connect to
the internet using GPRS I get an error trying to connect to T-mobiles
t-zones or something like that.

Is there a way I can change this? I have checked all the settings and have
not found a way. The box it came in said T-Moble to Go. I think it was made
for pre-paid service but I'm not using pre-paid. I don't know if that has
anything to do with it or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
5 answers Last reply
More about mobile phone cingular network

    In article <FbSdnWWtDbNkeuTfRVn-uA@comcast.com>, Dan <noone@none.com> wrote:
    >I bought a brand new unclocked t-moble Nokia 3595 on ebay. Everything seems
    >to work and work well except I don't know how to change the settings to
    >connect to the media on cingular. When I press the i button to connect to
    >the internet using GPRS I get an error trying to connect to T-mobiles
    >t-zones or something like that.
    >
    >Is there a way I can change this? I have checked all the settings and have
    >not found a way. The box it came in said T-Moble to Go. I think it was made
    >for pre-paid service but I'm not using pre-paid. I don't know if that has
    >anything to do with it or not.

    Menu ---> Services ---> Settings ---> Connection Settings ---> Edit Active
    Service Settings.

    T-Mobile has been known to disable browser setup menus in their phones. If
    that's the case, an over-the-air browser setup can be initiated from the
    support section of the Cingular web site. The phone might accept those
    even if the menu is absent.

    http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/self_care_gui

    In article <d5d1o3$q4u$1@reader1.panix.com>,
    retsuhcs@xinap.moc (Mike S.) wrote:

    > In article <FbSdnWWtDbNkeuTfRVn-uA@comcast.com>, Dan <noone@none.com> wrote:
    > >I bought a brand new unclocked t-moble Nokia 3595 on ebay. Everything seems
    > >to work and work well except I don't know how to change the settings to
    > >connect to the media on cingular. When I press the i button to connect to
    > >the internet using GPRS I get an error trying to connect to T-mobiles
    > >t-zones or something like that.
    > >
    > >Is there a way I can change this? I have checked all the settings and have
    > >not found a way. The box it came in said T-Moble to Go. I think it was made
    > >for pre-paid service but I'm not using pre-paid. I don't know if that has
    > >anything to do with it or not.
    >

    > Menu ---> Services ---> Settings ---> Connection Settings ---> Edit Active
    > Service Settings.
    >
    > T-Mobile has been known to disable browser setup menus in their phones. If
    > that's the case, an over-the-air browser setup can be initiated from the
    > support section of the Cingular web site. The phone might accept those
    > even if the menu is absent.
    >
    > http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/self_care_gui

    STRANGE, If I go to that menu, it first asks for phone manufacturer, and
    then you are to select model, HOWEVER, regardless of manufacturer input,
    no phone models are shown.

    Might be a useful feature if it worked.

    Oh, one other thing. T-Mobile also has disabled the GSM850 band on some of
    their phones. If you intend to use a T-Mobile branded phone on Cingular,
    you might run into some coverage problems if this affects your phone.

    Ah-ha!

    This is the problem that I am having with my Nokia 6610 that I am trying to
    use with Cingular. The coverage is spotty.

    Is there any way to enable the GSM850 band on these phones with a code or
    firmware hack or something?

    James

    "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

    > Oh, one other thing. T-Mobile also has disabled the GSM850 band on some of
    > their phones. If you intend to use a T-Mobile branded phone on Cingular,
    > you might run into some coverage problems if this affects your phone.

    The 6610 does not support 850. Only 900/1800/1900

    "ja" <__jame_sayton@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Ah-ha!
    >
    > This is the problem that I am having with my Nokia 6610 that I am trying
    > use with Cingular. The coverage is spotty.
    >
    > Is there any way to enable the GSM850 band on these phones with a code or
    > firmware hack or something?
    >
    > James
    >

    > "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Oh, one other thing. T-Mobile also has disabled the GSM850 band on some
    >> of
    >> their phones. If you intend to use a T-Mobile branded phone on Cingular,
    >> you might run into some coverage problems if this affects your phone.

Cingular Connection Internet Service Providers