Find a compatible display card for motherboard

kennethds

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
hello there,
i have a MSI RS482M2-IL motherboard (pretty old i know)...the onboard display seems not to be working as it produces a green image(have checked the cables and the monitor)....i wanted to know what graphics card would be compatible with this motherboard...not really in need on a high end one as the pc's only used for internet surfing and the odd video chat..any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Kenneth

kennethds@gmail.com

seanparker

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Hi Kenneth,

Any PCI express graphics will work with your MB. Many lower end graphics cards don't require additional power, but if your looking for a decent one make sure your power supply can handle it. May I recommend a AT HD 5450, excellent value for money.

Also check out Vibox for some decent custom PCs.

Yeh, a HD5450 will compliment the board well.

If your getting corrupt video, it may be worth borrowing a card as the video is integrated into the RS480 chipset and if this is going, cheaper to buy another board with integrated video.

Also, take the chipset heatsinks off and renew the thermal paster, could simply be overheating.

kennethds

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
thanks stig...will give a try with the heat sinks...maybe loads of dust cos a havent touched the insides fr some years now...the hd5450 doesnt seem available in uk...will look fr alternatives...