I'm getting "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

Moga

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I'm getting "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

And I can only start with the windows xp cd in the drive, then its starts normal.....

but does not allow me to boot fresh again in order to clear this mess. NOTE: i got this issues after installing xp and during installation i got the error msg as to missing files such as i386,,, yet i kept installing without them.....

What do I do, i don't have window 98 either.... Pls advice... thanks

prosenjitdey780

Commendable
Sep 15, 2018
Now days everyone make bootable pendrive instead of bootable DVD/CD. because CD/DVD's are not so much costly but once you burn in wrong process you can't re-write the CD/DVD even disk are work slow than now days pendrive's. so if you have a pendrive and want to make bootable follow this process.

step 1 - download the free software called RUFUS Tool, it's a free software maybe it size will be 1mb less because i use old version one.

step 2 - after downloading rufus tool, make sure you have image file of operating system.

step 3 - open rufus tool and and drag the OS image file into the CD/DVD icon and connect the pendrive, finally make sure you have clean pendrive. then hit on start process after all these process completion you can boot windows any PC.

if you want to see step by step guide with image, https://www.gadgetsfarm.com/make-bootable-pendrive-easily