Ideal dual core e5200 temperature

DinoME

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Im using ASUS P5/KPL-AM/PS mobo AND DUAL CORE E5200 processor. My room temp is around 30C and my CORE temps are at 62C in IDLE and 98C 99C at full LOAD. Im using 9600GT which is idle at 60C and at full LOAD 68C. How to get the temp down? Help please.
Thank You.

DinoME

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
My friend advised me to remove my GPU for a week and after that hopefully it will be alright. Another one suggested that i should apply Thermal Paste on top of the processor. What do you suggest i should do? I dont know much about computers so im having a real hard time. Keeping out the GPU means i cant play anything which is the sole reason i got the computer for. I hope you understand my situation.and yes im using the stock cooling only. Thanks again.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

the temps look too high,if you know how to do it yourself,you can apply thermal paste or take your pc to a local pc store and they should be able to do it cheap,but the high temps may also be caused by little or no airflow through the case,i dont see why you would remove the gpu if you play games, what type of case is your pc in,is there any cooling fans in the case?

DinoME

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Its a normal case, has lots of vents in it, no Extra fans though. There is one above the processor and thats it.
Will Thermal paste solve my problem??

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

it can help,im not sure if it will solve it,you need to remove the heatsink and clean off the old thermal paste before you add more,then replace the heatsink properly,there is alot of videos on you tube on how to do that,do not apply too much thermal paste,a very thin coat to the face of the cpu.. but airflow into the front of the case and exhaust from the rear or top is important to cool the system,this also helps cool the graphics card..i will check this thread again tomorrow..good luck

For the Intel® Pentium® E5300 the temperature should be under 74.1°C. You can see some more information on this processor at http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=35300&code=Intel%c2%ae+Pentium%c2%ae+Processor+E5300+(2M+Cache%2c+2.60+GHz%2c+800+MHz+FSB).

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

DinoME

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
wait before you do the thermal paste, add atleast 2 case fans, 1 intake in the front if possible, if not... then the side as intake and put the rear fan as exhaust....

But my configurations aren't high enough for that kind of cooling, right?? These are all basic components. Isn't it??
Before this overheating thing happened i did not even had considerations about overheating. So, you are saying i should not do the thermal paste and put more fans in??