Last response: in CPUs
April 18, 2011 4:39:16 PM

Hi, I'm thinking of moving from 10,ooo B.C to 9,ooo B.C :p 

Pentium D 3Ghz
Intel d945GCCR Motherboard
2GB DDR2 667MHz Ram

With the money i have, i can only go for this :( 

Intel E5700 3GHz
Foxconn G41MX-E Motherboard (supports DDR3)
KIngston DDR3 2GB (1333MHz)

First Plan was to buy a VGA(HD5670) with the current system, But Many Advised to Upgrade CPU or Go for a Cheaper Card.
Not interested in Cheaper Cards :p 
Help Bros :) 

More about : worth upgrade

a b à CPUs
April 18, 2011 4:43:33 PM

Are you building a new rig?Or are you using use parts?
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 18, 2011 4:51:09 PM

or save your money for another while and get a better rig that doesn't use a old 775 socket.
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 18, 2011 4:55:41 PM

saint19 said:
or save your money for another while and get a better rig that doesn't use a old 775 socket.

Definitely.
Score
April 18, 2011 5:57:39 PM

Wana Change specified Parts to Get better Output from HD5670<planned to buy> :) 
Well, Intel Core i3 is Expensive than the All Parts i mentioned above :p 
Is that Worth the Upgrade considering my current system?
Thanks for the Quick Replies :) 
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 18, 2011 6:02:02 PM

From you current rig and adding 2GB more for 4GB total, yeah, but for future rig is a waste of money.
Score
a b à CPUs
April 18, 2011 6:02:18 PM

harryjj said:
Wana Change specified Parts to Get better Output from HD5670<planned to buy> :) 
Well, Intel Core i3 is Expensive than the All Parts i mentioned above :p 
Is that Worth the Upgrade considering my current system?
Thanks for the Quick Replies :) 

Could you tell us how much your budget is?And we all want to say that its greater investment for you in the long run to build a new rig.
Score
a c 81 à CPUs
April 18, 2011 6:05:03 PM

What sort of a budget do you have and what are your primary intentions with your PC..? While you answer that, please also provide full specs of your current system..
Score
April 18, 2011 8:18:01 PM

Pentium D 3Ghz
Intel d945GCCR Motherboard
2GB DDR2 667MHz Ram
160GB HDD
450W generic PSU

Primary purpose of this upgrade is to use HD5670 with it, Current System is Weak it seems :( 

Well, Budget! that's embarrassing to tell,
In my Country(Srilanka) it's 16K, Sufficient enough to buy the above specified Parts :) 

Core i3 alone is 13K :( 

Plz dont convert it to U$, that's Sad.
I cant save money for future coz i'm not gona get much in near Future (may be after 2 Years, I'm 22 Now)

This was my plan, In my mind i thought it's correct, But after sharing with u all, it seems like a Stupid Plan :) 

{I just wanted to buy a VGA, but my system is too weak, My plan is to upgrade atleast to a minimum level & buy the VGA later. (i'll try to sell the old parts and Buy VGA)}

Score

Best solution

a c 81 à CPUs
April 19, 2011 4:22:11 AM

Not sure on the PSU but a 5670 is not a high end video card which will get significantly bottlenecked by a Pentium D.. You can buy one for sure.. However, that budget may be able to fetch you a healthy system upgrade too.. I recommend you to get down to your nearest retailer(s) and work out a system comprising of an AMD Athlon II X3 processor, a AM3 chipset motherboard and preferably 4 gigs of DDR3 ram.. It should be a very healthy upgrade from your current setup..
April 28, 2011 8:01:37 PM

Hi Hi Hi
I've done some search on AMD processors, That's really Cheap :) 

@Emperus : Bro, Athlon II X3 435 seems a good Processor, But i have no idea on AMD coz no one selling it in my country & I've never seen any AMD processor :( 

>What does these numbers mean, i found 425, 435, 440, 450 in Athlon II X3 tag?

>What's the motherboard i should buy? ( i found some AM3 & AM2+ - i have no idea what these numbers mean, maybe Socket Type?)

>With what intel processor will u rate this Athlon II X3 435? (i found some reviews on this model, but compared with amds)?

>Is AMD good, reliable as Intel? (im using my pc from 10,000 BC :p )

>Finally, plz exactly recommend a AMD Athlon II X3 processor(425 - 450), & Exact motherboard model, Coz im confused with diff diff unknown wordings :o 

Budget ~ 150$ :D 

Sorry for long Questions, I have more :p 
Plz Plz Answer Friends :) 

Score
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 8:04:43 PM

You find the prices of the best cpus currently available then we can sort out what is best for you.Dont worry mate.Not everyone is rich.
I have seen some people in some countries living on 1USD a day and it was for a family with 5 children.
Score
April 28, 2011 8:37:29 PM

Ok, I'll say AMD Athlon II X3 440 & a Motherboard, What will it cost like?
But, Please answer my other >Questions :D 

>.......
>.......
>.......

Thanks a lot :) 
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 28, 2011 9:50:02 PM

harryjj said:
Hi Hi Hi
I've done some search on AMD processors, That's really Cheap :) 

@Emperus : Bro, Athlon II X3 435 seems a good Processor, But i have no idea on AMD coz no one selling it in my country & I've never seen any AMD processor :( 

>What does these numbers mean, i found 425, 435, 440, 450 in Athlon II X3 tag? Those're the CPU's model.

>What's the motherboard i should buy? ( i found some AM3 & AM2+ - i have no idea what these numbers mean, maybe Socket Type?) AM3 use DDR3 RAM and 7xx and 8xx chipset, while the AM2+ only can use DDR2 and 7xx chipset. I'd go with AM3 if you want more lifespan

>With what intel processor will u rate this Athlon II X3 435? (i found some reviews on this model, but compared with amds)? All the Athlon II X3 line can be compared, you will fine that difference is high frequency in ones, you also can compare it with Phenom II X2 or Phenom II X3 line.

>Is AMD good, reliable as Intel? (im using my pc from 10,000 BC :p ) As good as Intel yeah, but Intel gives you much performance that AMD

>Finally, plz exactly recommend a AMD Athlon II X3 processor(425 - 450), & Exact motherboard model, Coz im confused with diff diff unknown wordings :o . Those $150 are for both right?

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....

Budget ~ 150$ :D 

Sorry for long Questions, I have more :p 
Plz Plz Answer Friends :) 

Score
a c 81 à CPUs
April 29, 2011 3:17:46 AM

harryjj said:
>What does these numbers mean, i found 425, 435, 440, 450 in Athlon II X3 tag?

They are just model numbers.. The usual difference is in stock clock speed.. Higher the model number, more is the stock clock speed..

harryjj said:
What's the motherboard i should buy? ( i found some AM3 & AM2+ - i have no idea what these numbers mean, maybe Socket Type?)

AM3 and AM2+ are socket types (like Intel has LGA 775, Socket 478 etc.)..

harryjj said:
With what intel processor will u rate this Athlon II X3 435? (i found some reviews on this model, but compared with amds)?

A direct comparison is tough as there are many aspects to cover.. But one may compare them with the Intel core i3 series processors..

harryjj said:
Is AMD good, reliable as Intel? (im using my pc from 10,000 BC :p )

Going for an Athlon II X3 will be a substantial upgrade from your current setup.. And yes, AMD is reliable..

harryjj said:
Finally, plz exactly recommend a AMD Athlon II X3 processor(425 - 450), & Exact motherboard model, Coz im confused with diff diff unknown wordings :o 

This will be possible if you can list any local site like newegg to us.. We can't recommend stuff until we come to know what and all is available there..
Score
April 29, 2011 4:17:25 AM

Wow, Thanks Friends :) 
I gained good knowledge in AMD, So this looks a Good Upgrade choice.

Just to know,
Is there any compatibility issues in AMD Motherboards?, I mean will all my other parts work with M/B (VGA Card, HDD, Etc)
Will every AM3 motherboard support PCI-E 2.1 Card?

Anyone know prices of Athlon II X3 440/450 + an AM3 M/B in Australia?
I can get from there :D 

THANKS A LOT :) 
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 29, 2011 4:32:30 AM

Except for RAM and CPU, your other components are compatible with the new mobo. What GPU do you have?
Score
April 29, 2011 7:02:55 AM

Im planning on buying HD5670 PCI-E 2.1, That's why i asked, So all seems Compatible.

I went through some motherboards, Selection of Northbridge, Southbridge part really confused me........
AMD 760G, AMD 770, 870, 880G...............Nvidia Geforce 6100/nforce 430 MCP, Nvidia MCP61P :o  im confused with this.

This is like G31, G41, P35..... in intel i think, Am i right?

Plz specify the best cheap one to Go within my budget :) 

Score
April 29, 2011 12:11:45 PM

I think upgrading to DDR3 is better coz Future proof + I have 2GB as 1 + 1 Gb, so i cant upgrade with 2 ram slots :) 

Well i found some Products

> Athlon II X3 450 (http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Triple-Core-Desktop-Pr...)

> Biostar AMD Motherboard A880G+ (http://www.amazon.com/Biostar-A880G-AMD-Motherboard/dp/...)

> Gigabyte AMD 760G ATX Socket AM3 PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard GA MA78LMT-S2
(http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Socket-PCI-Express-Mothe...)

This is the cheapest i found + fits in budget + Free Shipping :) 
is these good? (plz select M/B)

But, I never bought anything Online, is it safe to buy in Amazon.com?
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 29, 2011 1:11:01 PM

Quote:
BTW AM2+ boards support both DDR2 and DDR3 you could always buy a AM2+ board with an AM3 (95W) CPU use you current ddr2 ram the only disadvantage is HT would go from 3.0 to 1.0 which would not hold you back in anyway.

I'm only saying this because you have a low budget.

Really? Can you post the link of those mobos? Because only a few mobos can do that and aren't the best ones.

Quote:
I think upgrading to DDR3 is better coz Future proof + I have 2GB as 1 + 1 Gb, so i cant upgrade with 2 ram slots :) 

Well i found some Products

> Athlon II X3 450 (http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Triple-Core-Desktop-Pr...)

> Biostar AMD Motherboard A880G+ (http://www.amazon.com/Biostar-A880G-AMD-Motherboard/dp/...)

> Gigabyte AMD 760G ATX Socket AM3 PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard GA MA78LMT-S2
(http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Socket-PCI-Express-Mothe...)

This is the cheapest i found + fits in budget + Free Shipping :) 
is these good? (plz select M/B)

But, I never bought anything Online, is it safe to buy in Amazon.com?

Go with the Gigabyte mobo, it's much better that Biostar.

Regarding Amazon, always that you buy from a seller with a lot of positive reviews and references, then, you are good.
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 29, 2011 2:47:06 PM

Quote:
DDR2+DDR3, i was only saying beucase they were on a tight budget, but here's your reference:
http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Asro...

Come on, I know that exist but with nVidia chipset and you only can use DDR2 OR DDR3 not both at time, at this time buy a mobo like that is waste the money.
Score
April 29, 2011 3:34:26 PM

What about those Chipsets?
Gigabyte 760G & Biostar 880G, will they play a big part in performance?

Anyone trusted sellers links?
Also, If anyone knows any trusted Australian PC Shops Website, plz tell me.

Thanks A LOT :) 
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
April 29, 2011 3:56:59 PM

880G is a newer chipset, while the 760G is the previous version of the 880G. Gigabyte is much better manufacturer that Biostart, that's my reason for get the Gigabyte mobo over the Biostart mobo.

Just check the ranking of the seller and the reviews of the buyers, with that you can get an idea if the seller is a good one or not.
Score
April 29, 2011 4:25:12 PM

Thanks a lot Friends :) 
I'm working on this, Hoping that i'll get a good one :) 
Score
May 1, 2011 2:43:54 PM

Best answer selected by harryjj.
Score
May 1, 2011 2:45:44 PM

Thanks 'ps3hacker12', Thats very useful :) 
Thanks ALL :) 
Score
a c 159 à CPUs
May 2, 2011 2:22:39 AM

This topic has been closed by Saint19
Score
!