create a shortcut to change time zone?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 5:41:55 PM

I travel very often with my laptop internationally.
Is there a way to create a shortcut on the desktop in Windows XP
to change the time zone quickly? Perhaps there is a script to do this.
This way I can also automate the task at a certain time so there is no
concern of forgetting to change the time zone during my trip.
Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 7:10:00 PM

piclistguy@yahoo.com wrote:

> I travel very often with my laptop internationally.
> Is there a way to create a shortcut on the desktop in Windows XP
> to change the time zone quickly? Perhaps there is a script to do this.
> This way I can also automate the task at a certain time so there is no
> concern of forgetting to change the time zone during my trip.

Go to the Control Panel, right-click Date and Time,
and select "Create Shortcut."

Notan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 7, 2005 1:45:11 AM

Ideally, u have a CDMA plug-in that automatically gets the local time
on your notebook.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 7, 2005 5:34:17 AM

piclistguy@yahoo.com wrote:
> I travel very often with my laptop internationally.
> Is there a way to create a shortcut on the desktop in Windows XP
> to change the time zone quickly? Perhaps there is a script to do this.
> This way I can also automate the task at a certain time so there is no
> concern of forgetting to change the time zone during my trip.
> Thanks

Right click on the toolbar, click on Show clock on toolbar. Next time you
want to change zones, double-click the clock and use the pull down menu to
select your time zone.

Regards,

James
!