Sign in with
Your question

2 monitors, for a moment

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2010 9:07:58 PM

Hello,Everyone
I have a new system with these specs: Intel Core i7 960 3.2 | eVGA Classified 3 | Corsair Obsidian 800D | Corsair 1000HX 1000W PSU
2 x eVGA GeForce GTX 480 in SLI | 6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator RAM | 2 x LG 27" HD TV Monitor
Crucial 256GB SSD | Western Digital 600GB 10K RPM HD | Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Pro Sound Card

When I try to use both monitors at the same time, it works for a moment, and then the second monitor stops working, goes into standby mode. I was wondering if anyone might know what my problem is? I have tried plugging both monitors in the same graphics card, and one monitor in each graphics card, but always the same result, shows extended desktop for up to a minute, then the second monitor goes into standby mode.

More about : monitors moment

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
November 22, 2010 10:08:07 PM

In control panel/power options/change plan settings, is the turn off display setting like 1 minute?
m
l
November 22, 2010 10:29:37 PM

I have them set to Never turn off
m
l
Related resources
December 3, 2010 1:38:28 AM

I have given up on attempting to run 2 monitors, can't get the second one to run for over a minute, even though the monitors are set to never turn off under power settings
m
l
December 3, 2010 4:04:55 AM

This may be a dumb question, but is it the same time every time? You said it lasts like a minute, so I very much doubt this is the issue, but I have to ask anyway...

It's not prompting you to save the changes or anything, like with the 15 second count down before it reverts back to the old settings??
m
l
!