Motherboard automatically restarts and then boots..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Hi,

When I press the power button the computer will start for a moment and all the fans will start rotating for a very brief moment of time .But after that it automatically shuts down and stay in shut down state for 2-3secs.Then it starts again and everything works normally afterwards.
It happens every time I start my computer from the main power plug.
At first I thought this was due to OCing my cpu.So I reset everything to stock clocks and tried again but the system continues to behave as before.

My system:
CPU:Intel core i5 2500
Mobo: Asus P8P67 (Vanilla)
RAM: Corsair vengeance 4gbx2 1600mhz
GPU: Sapphire HD 4890

Should I send the mobo for RMA??Would they even listen to my problem??

Note:I don't have any problem in my system except this one.Also I keep my cpu Oced to 3.9Ghz.

Although this isn't much of an issue but it's certainly very annoying.Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Solution
This sounds like the dual reboot problem. It is a known problem that happens with certain P67 boards. The Asus P8P67 line seems to have this problem a lot. It is normally a bios revision or power supply problem but there is no sure fire solution. Look on the web for P8P67 double boot or double post for some ideas. Some people have success with RMA some don't. The most popular solution is updating the bios and turning on "Power on by PCIe" in the bios.

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

Well its not a well known brand.But it can provide 30A on 12v rails.
It's Zebronics Platinum 600W

lesterf1020

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
This sounds like the dual reboot problem. It is a known problem that happens with certain P67 boards. The Asus P8P67 line seems to have this problem a lot. It is normally a bios revision or power supply problem but there is no sure fire solution. Look on the web for P8P67 double boot or double post for some ideas. Some people have success with RMA some don't. The most popular solution is updating the bios and turning on "Power on by PCIe" in the bios.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS