Good cooler for 2600K?

tomsresults

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Please recommend a good cooler for Intel 2600K processor.

My current case is a new mid-size Thermaltake Element G.
Some of the new heatsinks with multiple fans look monstrous, will they fit? I have an old 4-year old Big Typhoon right now.

Also, I either have some kind of vibration / resonance problem in my case or my 4-year old CPU fan ball bearings are dying.
I have to keep fiddling with the heat sink screws and turning the power modulation on the fan up and down in SpeedFan to avoid nasty clicking and sometimes even grinding noises!! If there is a new cooler that won't vibrate tons, that's probably best.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Do some research on frostytech.com. They will tell you which coolers performed the best. If you find their reviews for the coolers you are interested in you can find out how tall they are and you can measure inside of your case.

a4rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is definitely the best bang for the buck right now in the market. However, if you have the moolah to spend, go for the Corsair H70. A very reliable liquid cooling solution for the CPU.

And regarding the vibrations, it is simple, the lesser the fans, the lesser the vibration but lesser is the cooling too. However, you do have removable fans and you can try seeing which one has the best configuration.