Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z68-V LX long load time

Last response: in Motherboards
December 24, 2011 1:36:05 PM

Just got a new computer with this motherboard, all been going fine but now when I start the computer I get the Asus screen for a solid 2 minutes before it eventually POSTs and then windows loads.

Tried a system restore to before installing some windows updates but no difference.
December 24, 2011 4:45:20 PM

I doubt Windows updates would have any effect since this happens in the BIOS before Windows even starts. Do you have the latest BIOS version for your motherboard?
December 24, 2011 4:53:29 PM

Yes, is it worth flashing the BIOS maybe?
Related resources
December 24, 2011 5:20:23 PM

By complete luck I decided to install Asus AISuite 2 before shutting down the PC as I noticed I hadn't already done so.

Now the problem is gone. No idea what the story was there but it's sorted at least.
December 24, 2011 6:58:50 PM

Asus P67 and Z68 boards are notorious for long POST times, as there's a ton of messages from all your controllers (Marvell storage, etc.) - disable all these messages in the BIOS and disable the controllers you don't use (e.g. 1394). Flash the BIOS to the latest, too, can't hurt.
December 24, 2011 8:00:44 PM

I've disabled the LAN but I can't see much else to disable other than USB ports.

BIOS is already the latest.

I only ever use the USB ports, what am I likely to be missing that's obvious?
!