ASUS G51vx for $530 a good deal?

it has 4gb of ram
a gtx 260 1 gb ddr3
2.0 ghz intel core duo
640gb hard drive

is this a good buy for $530 on eBay? :hello:
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus g51vx good deal
  1. I would stay away, they have known issues with overheating....i bought a refurb on from circuitcity.com last feb and the video card only lasted 6 months before it crapped out and i had to replace it, it has nice specs but your better off buying new with warrenty, or at least a refurb one and immediatly doing a cooling mod on it...
  2. I look at it like this: If I'm going to get a gaming laptop, I'm going to get something with a few years of use. If I'm not going to use it for gaming, and have an alternative system, then I'll get the cheapest thing I can find. Right now I have a dual core 2.2 Ghz laptop I got for $375. I use it for writing and web surfing, and I plan on using it for years.
    Point is, spend about 1000 as a minimum for a gaming laptop, or buy a desktop.
  3. so ur saying that if the price is to low it sucks?
  4. I bought a G51VX-X3A about a year ago from Newegg. P8700 @ 2.53ghz, GTX 260, 4gb ram, 2 hard drive bays you can run in raid0 and 1920x1080 screen. I'm very happy with it and it has never overheated. I think I paid $1100 for it. I don't think it's a bad price. Lower $ is always better. :) I haven't been up to date on the new gaming laptops but mine was a lot of laptop for the money. I have 2 320gb WD Blacks in raid 0 and xp installed currently. If you want any benchmarks I can run them for you and answer any questions. I may upgrade to an ssd and terrabyte drive soon and a quad later.
  5. wow thx taso11 it would be awesome for some benchmarks :D thx
  6. I can do pcmark05, Crystal Disk Mark, FEAR, Far Cry 2, Crysis and Doom 3 benchmarks right now cause that's all I have installed. I'm not at home and tethering and bored lol.
  7. could u do crysis for me :D on high DX 9 no AA
  8. Assault Harbor? What resolution, how many loops and what time of day?
  9. ya and i dont know what u mean by loops but for time of day choose after noon
  10. For loops it will run say 4 and give you an average. I'll run it five time and use the benchmark_gpu timedemo and time of day 9 like most are using. It has to do with shadows and lighting. Be right back.
  11. Best answer
  12. thx man
  13. Best answer selected by armystrong.
  14. No problem. Let me know if you want anything else and what did you end up deciding? Thanks for the "best answer" :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Asus Gtx Intel Systems