How good/how fast/how much air do i get from CM storm scout stock fan?

xs7v3n

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
The fans are great, i can feel the air flow but i'm not really sure how much airflow is going in or out.
For me, I like my exhaust fans to have a better airflow than the intake fans. Especiall that i'm going to be doing some Overclocking, i wanna be sure to have a good airflow as i can. I am not afraid of dusts at all, but i dislike noise.

So guys, here's my conclusion, if the cooler mast storm scout stock fans are getting less than 45 cfm, i would probably get a better one since this computer will be with me for about 2-3 years. (depending on my upgrades) so if this is the case than can anyone give me any suggestions on what fans to buy? (2x 120mm and 1x 140mm)

specs:
Phenom II X6 1090T BE
MSI 890FXA-GD65
XFX RADEON HD BE 6870
TT TR2 RX-850watt
G-Skills 8gb kit DDR3 1600 ( the latency was 9-9-9-24-2N but in my computer it's shows that it's 9-9-9-28 @800 ...wierd)
CM Storm Scout
Seagate barracuda 1tb 7200

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Noctua fans give high CFM for low RPM, but are expensive. There are other brands too...just read some reviews and check out silentpc.com.

You probably want a high CFM intake to get the air in the case, but if your exhaust is a top / rear setup...be careful. High CFM on these could pull air away from your CPU and starve it of cool air, and cause issues.

If you're overclocking, make sure your CPU heatsink fans cut the mustard, too. You want a decent CFM and decent static pressure fan to make sure it can push the air through your heatsink and transport the heat away.