Sign in with
Your question

GTX 460 sub-par performance?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 23, 2010 2:21:09 AM

I just built this new computer about 3 days ago and after setting everything up (getting latest drivers, etc.) I hurry up and download 3DMark 06 to benchmark my system.

I ran it once, got an 18k score. Then I wanted to know how hot my cpu ran on stock speeds so I could get an idea how much I can overclock it. So I ran "CPU Stab Test" for about 10 minutes and got all the info I needed.

I went back to run 3DMark 06 to get a few more final benchmarks to get an average, before I OC'd my cpu to compare. When I went to run 3DMark this time, I was getting literally half the frames I was before. I let the test finish and it came out to be 7k instead of my original 18k. Now I tried "Heaven Benchmark v2.1" and it seemed to be running the same. But it still concerns me as to why 3DMark 06 still consistently runs terribly on my machine after it had one good run.

My specs-
i5 760
GTX 460 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
4gb ram
a c 217 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 5:20:51 AM

If everything else seems to be scoring normally, perhaps you should uninstall 3dMark06, and reinstall it fresh. Perhaps it is corrupted.

You might also try 3dmark Vantage and post a result.
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 5:23:20 AM

3DMark 06 is outdated,so its results may not be exactly accurate;therefore,I'd recommend you to test some games and check your FPS in them.
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 23, 2010 8:21:25 AM

Do some gaming, after that post here again about the result, do not rely too much on benchmark or something...
m
l
!