Urgent Help Needed: Can't Install Windows 7 on New Build

HelpingHands

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Hello everyone,

I just put together a brand new build and everything worked fine. Or so I thought. I started trying to install Windows 7 via boot-up but it keeps saying "No device driver found" and won't let me continue with the installation. If it matters, I created the Windows 7 DVD from an ISO file I downloaded from my university's website, which offers free Windows 7 Enterprise for its students.

I am very frustrated, and I've burnt 3 different DVDs at varying write speeds (1x, 2x, 3x) and it still doesn't work. I tried to reboot and install using my separate laptop and the same problem occurs. This makes me suspicious that it isn't a hardware problem but rather the DVD's fault.

I just can't figure out why a DVD containing a Windows 7 ISO install would not display a "no device driver found" problem. I may just buy a new Windows 7 copy altogether instead of trying to use this student version. However, what if the same problem occurs when I try to install the newly bought Windows 7 OS? I will be very mad then..

What do you guys think? How should I solve this issue or should I just buy a new OS and try it?

Thanks

If your previous OS on the HD is 32 bit you have to format the HD first.
Your best and easiest option would be to boot from a usb flash drive.
It could be a problem with your optical drive.
I don't know since you don't mention hardware specifics.

HelpingHands

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

Hey, thanks for attempting to help. I really appreciate it.

My MB: MSI P67A-GD53 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

My Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

This is a fresh install, which means that there is no previous OS installed. This is right after the system was built.

Also, I don't have a USB flash drive. Are there any alternatives?

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
The first step is to go into the BIOS and disable anything you are not using, like the RAID controller. Then download the drivers available for your hardware, starting with all motherboard drivers, and have them available on a CD/DVD disk or external HD.