Are the parts in this build compatible?

Solution
All is compatible. Not a popular PSU brand, but it did receive favorable reviews. You could consider downgrading to a 600W unit, as your system only calls for 550W.
You may also consider adding a $20 dvd drive. The OEM blue-rays are sometimes tough to get working properly without certain drivers. This could cause problems with booting an operating system off of it. I'm not suggesting you omit the BR reader though, they are nice to have.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
All is compatible. Not a popular PSU brand, but it did receive favorable reviews. You could consider downgrading to a 600W unit, as your system only calls for 550W.
You may also consider adding a $20 dvd drive. The OEM blue-rays are sometimes tough to get working properly without certain drivers. This could cause problems with booting an operating system off of it. I'm not suggesting you omit the BR reader though, they are nice to have.

Solution

jockey is right. The PSU is waayyy overkill for your system as configured! :bounce:

ads76

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
I'm not going to purchase anything quite yet since I don't have all the money at the moment, but when I'm ready to buy I'll keep all of that in mind. I was unaware about the potential issues with the blu-ray drive, so I'll definitely put a little extra money towards a DVD burner to go along with it.

As far as the power supply, I figured overkill would be good in case I wanted to upgrade in the future. Is 1,000W completely unjustified in a system like this? Would it be basically impossible to upgrade that motherboard to the extent that you'd NEED 1,000W? If so I'll definitely tone that down like you said.

Thanks for the help, your advice is appreciated. :)

ads76

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
That's good to know. I'll look at something more around 600-700 watts and lower the cost of the power supply then.

Once again, thank you for the information. I marked you as having a helpful answer, and I'm officially out of here. :)