Boz

Which Computer player is playing the best these days?

I'm looking to run an Ashes of Evil Empire

--

Love & Peppercorns

Boz wrote:
> Which Computer player is playing the best these days?
>
> I'm looking to run an Ashes of Evil Empire

Spacelord probably.

Matthias

See for yourself: http://www.home.versatel.nl/hyperspace/

Boz wrote:
> Which Computer player is playing the best these days?
>
> I'm looking to run an Ashes of Evil Empire
>
> --
>
> Love & Peppercorns

It has a similar but not exact command line structure as The Q. I would say
you're better manually putting it in your AutoExec1 file.

"Paladin" <parsifal300@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Do you know if Spacelord integrates well with Auto Troll?
>
> Paladin

"Paladin" <parsifal300@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Do you know if Spacelord integrates well with Auto Troll?
>
> Paladin

For AutoTroll The Q can be replaced by the Computer Player Dominate. Just
re-name Dominate.exe to Q.exe and place it in the Host directory you are
using for your game.

Dominate: Dominate plays pretty good and the cheating has been eliminated!

Dominate is also FreeWare.

--

Regards,
Merlyn

Paladin wrote:
> Do you know if Spacelord integrates well with Auto Troll?

I would not know. But since it is client side, it should be pretty happy
in a littly directory of it's own with just the rst, the shiplist and
the xplan, being invoked by some batch file prior to the hostrun.

Matthias

paladin

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004

> Dominate: Dominate plays pretty good and the cheating has been eliminated!

I tried (am trying) Dominate but I found it doesn't really play at all.
So poorly I thought I might have a configuration problem. Alas, it was
producing ships but with poor Tech engines, and over the course of the
game they never increased their territory. See
http://planets.hurton.org/games/games/game4.htm. Dominate is playing
3,4,7 and 9. To my knowledge no players have actively engaged them.

Does this look like typical behavior for Dominate?

~Paladin

Dominate is similar to the Q from what I've seen. I prefer Spacelord.

Syythlord wrote:

> It has a similar but not exact command line structure as The Q. I would say
> you're better manually putting it in your AutoExec1 file.

Bad Bad Bad idea...

SpaceLord is client side. The TRN's are already opened up by the time the
host reaches AutoExec1... too late for SpaceLord to process its RST file
and submit a TRN file for the host to process.

You are best off placing the call for SpaceLord in the host batch file,
immediately before the host is called.

-- Smoovious

--
Kenn "Jazz" Booth II The Imperium, VGAP host

TRENDING THREADS