Sign in with
Your question

My LG Bluray won't install off of its install disk

Last response: in Windows 7
November 23, 2011 3:57:52 AM

Hello,
I just purchased an LG BH12LS38 Bluray reader. I popped in my Bluray disk and it said that some drivers needed to be installed. So, I grabbed my install disk, the one that came with it.. I know it sounds redundant to say. And I selected to install the software, it say that it can only install for LG readers. This seems odd to me, seeing as I pulled this LG install disk from the LG box that held my LG reader.

I've been searching the LG website and other driver sites, online, to no avail. Is there anyone that can help me or knows where I can find this elusive driver??

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

More about : bluray install install disk

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 23, 2011 5:37:25 AM

dl3fl3r said:
Hello,
I just purchased an LG BH12LS38 Bluray reader. I popped in my Bluray disk and it said that some drivers needed to be installed. So, I grabbed my install disk, the one that came with it.. I know it sounds redundant to say. And I selected to install the software, it say that it can only install for LG readers. This seems odd to me, seeing as I pulled this LG install disk from the LG box that held my LG reader.

I've been searching the LG website and other driver sites, online, to no avail. Is there anyone that can help me or knows where I can find this elusive driver??

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

This writeup of your device shows supported OS as, XP and Vista, not Win7

http://www.epinions.com/specs/LG_10x_BD_R_Write_16x_DVD...
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2012 6:33:09 PM

tlw1999 said:
The OS should have the generic driver, also you can try and download a driver here:

http://xpdrivers.com/cd-dvd-blueray/_1_6.cfm

These guys just want to download Driver Tool from Driver Detective. Of course, it doesn't have the driver, all it wants is money.

I assume you are a shill.
m
l
August 7, 2012 6:46:07 PM

Make sure you have it plugged in to an active SATA port and power is being supplied to the drive. Windows should automatically install it's drivers.

The firmware for the drive is HERE.
**NOTE**

Windows doesn't natively support Blu-Ray playback and have to use 3rd party software like Cyberlink Power DVD.
m
l
!