Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
So I was playing a game on my computer then my computer suddenly turned off, it wouldn't boot up was like it wasn't connected to the power supply, so I started to slowly remove the parts, first the RAM's, no go, then the CPU and bam, computer powered up, video cards fans started, case fans, motherboard leds, but obviously, no BIOS.

It's pretty much safe to assume the CPU is a gonner?

Solution
Pretty much suggests the CPU then, unfortunately. 

To remove the cooler, get a hair drier and heat up the heatsink. Paste goes fluid when heated, so you should be able to remove the heatsink from the CPU when it gets sufficiently hot. Just watch your fingers!

Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
To clarify things, the standby light on my PSU was red which is how it looks when it's turned off, I pressed the power button and nothing happened, I removed the CPU, the CPU fan, case fans and video cards would power up, just tested the video cards on my other computer and they work, and so does the PSU and the RAM, sadly I have no aditional processor to test since my other computer is intel, motherboard has no signs of damage.

Evtrai

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Yeah it stops turning on again, also the processor it's stuck on the cooler, like someone used superglue on it, it used the same thermal paste from factory, AMD Phenom Black x4

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Pretty much suggests the CPU then, unfortunately. 

To remove the cooler, get a hair drier and heat up the heatsink. Paste goes fluid when heated, so you should be able to remove the heatsink from the CPU when it gets sufficiently hot. Just watch your fingers!

Solution