Rendering for 3D Modelling

kkkkk

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hello, is there a machine I can buy to speed up rendering?

Like I can do all my work in my computer and send it to the rendering machine to do rendering so that I can still use my computer for other work?

kkkkk

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

Like I can do all my work in my computer and send it to the rendering machine to do rendering so that I can still use my computer for other work?

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

It really depends on the 3D software you are using. Programs like Autodesk 3D Max that have Network Rendering allow you to send your model to another machine or a bank of machines to do the rendering. If you are using software where the renderer is a plug-in to your modeler and does not have Network Rendering you may have to install the modeling software on both machines which may violate your license agreement unless you purchase separate copies for both computers.

Another solution is to buy a specialized rendering appliance like a RenderDrive, but these are quite expensive.

---Max

Having another computer is the only external option. Render farms are just multiple computers networked together. The other way is to limit the cpu usage, which will slow down the render but you'll be better able to use the computer. I usually do my rendering overnight if its a long render.

kkkkk

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

Is the RenderDrive an external appliance? Will it be compatible with any computer and programs that I use?

TRENDING THREADS