GPU heating wo reason

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
ASUS Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5

this is the card i bought and i am crossfiring it with a saphire

i putt eh saphire further down and ther eis nothing blocking this card

i boughta chieftec super series 750 w too

at first i thought the heating issue was because of the chieftec super series... and i posted here before and people said that powersupply was good.. some how at the time teh hetaing issue had dissapeared and i started to trust the product

now today i was watching youtube and suddenly i recognized the gpu fan going very fast.. FOR NO REASON ... and it sitll doing that now
i was happy i did not need to return the psu .. but now its back the stupid ass problem is back...

what is the reason for the card to get so hot! ? is it hte psu .. both are new both the card and the psu are spanking new

the resting pulse is like on 40 while before it was 35 .. when i watch youtube now its like on 47 ..50 thats crazy right?

For a GPU that is not high. My i7-920 CPU is now running at 30 degrees C, and my GPU (GTX-275) is running at 53 degrees C.

Since you are experiencing a rise in idling temps, try cleaning the inside of the PC components AFTER powering down and unplugging the power to the computer. Use a can of compressed air, wear an anti-static wrist band.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
guys if i choose any of those water coolers or one of those fans do i need to buy cooling paste in addition to that?
or do they contain the paste that is good enough for overlocking?

for the cpu i mean... because i am going to overlock a II 6 PHENOM .

For thermal compound, I suggest Arctic Silver 5. There may be others just as good, but AS5 is one of the best. Why get the best equipment and then skimp on the thermal compound!

Most do; yes. Even if they do, unless it is AS5 I would get myself AS5. Like I mentioned, there may be other thermal compounds just as good, but, AS5 is great and has yielded repeated proven results. Get AS5.

shadstarn

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
hey guys i did order the II 6 110 AND liquid cooler .. so i am going ot overlock it! hope it will change somethings

i now wonder why my pc cant find the second graphic card suddenly .. it only shows one card?
also inside device manager only one card?
how can i fix this?
i checked the hardware is connected like it was before when it did find it.
this happened after i installed msi afterburner

Please open a new thread for this topic.