Sign in with
Your question

Asus p8p67 problems

Last response: in Motherboards
December 25, 2011 6:00:07 PM

I currently am running ASUS P8P67 PRO 3.0 and 2500k and am experiencing multiple boot problems. At first I was getting double post boots and finally disabled Marvell and JMB and now I only get one post but it hangs for about 10 seconds, which I still havent been able to figure out. I also am now experiencing Overclocking failed when I currently dont have an overclock enabled. I do however have XMP enabled so the board will read the right timings for my G.SKILL RAM 1600, board only reads it at 1333. I have cleared the battery and moved the jumper also and reset everything multiple times and still not working 100%. I have used the A-OK button and everything seems fine so I dunno what the hell is going on.

Thanks in advance to any advice you can give me.

More about : asus p8p67 problems

a c 102 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 25, 2011 6:47:22 PM

I would start by running memtest using version 4.2, then doing a bios update to 2103. Download 2103 from ASUS support, unpack it, and then do the bios update from the bios, just navigate to the new bios on your c drive.

The on first boot up go into bios and make sure that all key settings like AHCI is set correctly, then you can do all the others. Get it running stable at stock and then re-apply OC.
m
l
December 25, 2011 8:29:28 PM

Okay. Notorious P8P67 series boot delays AGAIN... :) 

Disabling the controllers was the right thing to do; if you have any external hard drives connected via USB, the board will delay until they spin up - I think you can disable USB legacy support to force the board to ignore connected USB drives until OS boots or UEFI boot is used. Also, go to the boot settings tab and make sure ASUS logo is disabled and text only is shown, and only for minimum time (1 sec, IIRC).

As for "Overclock failed", I used to get that sometimes, myself, when I tried to OC my RAM to 1600 (rated to run @ 1333 only). Not much I can help with here, sadly... make sure that the CPU's BCLK is raised appropriately in order to allow the RAM to run at 1600. It should do it automatically if you select appropriate options.

Could you take some screenshots of your BIOS? :)  Asus BIOS allows you to save them to a USB drive. Would like to see that tab with all the RAM speed settings, etc.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2011 1:18:10 AM

I dont have a usb drive at the moment but I have noticed the hang still and I am going to turn off the ASUS logo and turn it to 1 sec also noticed when set in auto mode instead of XMP looks like ram is running at 11 11 11 28 but is running at 1600 now but if i turn on XMP BCLK is set to 100 and ram is running at rated speed 9 9 9 24 also noticed when running in either mode it says dram voltage 1.635 but next to it where you can type it says 1.500
m
l
a c 102 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 27, 2011 1:26:48 PM

stevex033 said:
I dont have a usb drive at the moment but I have noticed the hang still and I am going to turn off the ASUS logo and turn it to 1 sec also noticed when set in auto mode instead of XMP looks like ram is running at 11 11 11 28 but is running at 1600 now but if i turn on XMP BCLK is set to 100 and ram is running at rated speed 9 9 9 24 also noticed when running in either mode it says dram voltage 1.635 but next to it where you can type it says 1.500

Same board/same ram/bios 2103, with memory selected to DDR3-1600, voltage auto gives me values that fluctuate very close to 1.5, usually 1.503-1.513. I pretty much turn off everything in the bios that I don't use, like the extra controllers, bluetooth, etc.
m
l
December 27, 2011 5:14:05 PM

RealBeast said:
Same board/same ram/bios 2103, with memory selected to DDR3-1600, voltage auto gives me values that fluctuate very close to 1.5, usually 1.503-1.513. I pretty much turn off everything in the bios that I don't use, like the extra controllers, bluetooth, etc.

Do these errors also occur with the 3.1 version? I just picked that up for my new build.
m
l
a c 102 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 27, 2011 5:49:45 PM

nebelwerfer41 said:
Do these errors also occur with the 3.1 version? I just picked that up for my new build.

Unlikely, I don't get them on my Rev 3. The auto values are supposed to fluctuate slightly, but his at over 1.6 are too high.
m
l
!