Hd6850 vs. GTX 460?

I have heard that each of these cards are better than the other at some point in time. :heink: I was leaning towards the MSI cyclone gtx 460 1gb, but is the radeon hd6850 better? The hd6850 is cheaper and is ATI which has some perks. EYEFINTY BABY! What should I get? I plan to OC both. Also will the hd6850 fit in the following case: Rosewill R101-P-BK MicroATX Mid Tower PC Case. If not which radeon hd6850 will?
26 answers Last reply
More about hd6850
  1. They are both sort of on the same playing field. The ATI 6850 bests the GTX460 1GB card in most cases by a small amount. There are a few games where the 460 slightly outperforms the 6850. At the end of the day either of these two cards will are a good choice and will overclock very well.
  2. MSI's 460 has issues with freezing. If you plan on overclocking, I'd recommend the Gigabyte's 460, its super cool idle temps below 30
  3. Will a HIS radeon 6850 fit in my case. The case was mentioned above. If not which hd6850 will?
  4. Please answer someone. :(
  5. I have a Rosewill R101-P-BK MicroATX Mid Tower PC Case and would like to know if a HIS Radeon hd6850 would fit. If it will not, which one would?
  6. Most reviews of the 6850 will mention exactly what the dimensions of the card are. I was kind enough to look one up for you:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-6850-6870-review/

The 6850 is 9 inches long.
  7. Wasn't HIS as a company shutting down?

I would suggest you get one from a different brand.

Your case seems to be quite big and would hold a HD6850 just fine. A mid tower case is pretty ok to hold these cards. Only issue is with the HD5970 which is as big as a truck!!!
  8. I have 9 in. of clearance, when I plug in the 6-pin connector will it still fit?
  9. Well I only have 9 and a half inches. The HIS got a 5 star raiting. :D Will I be able to hold the card and the 6-pin together? The card is 9 in.
  10. Not sure. The power connector is on the front, unfortunately, so it might be a tight squeeze.
  11. HD6850 is 9 inches. So i would say yes. The HIS specs say its 23cm! But please do confirm the HIS warranty may cause a problem. Where did you see the 5 star rating?
  12. jay2tall said:
    They are both sort of on the same playing field. The ATI 6850 bests the GTX460 1GB card in most cases by a small amount. There are a few games where the 460 slightly outperforms the 6850. At the end of the day either of these two cards will are a good choice and will overclock very well.

But is that due to the driver IQ "cheat" that AMD are being accused of?
  13. It was the highest rated on newegg. :)
  14. I am sorry I meant 9 1/2 in. Would it fit the 6-pin with that?
  15. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Will a HIS radeon hd6850 fit?
  16. So the hd6850 is 9in long and I have 9 1/2 in of clearance. When I plug in the 6-pin will it have enough space?
  17. How many more times are you going to ask that..?

I'm going to go with yes. If it doesn't, perform surgery on the case.
  18. I asked it a few times but I never got a good answer. So it is okay to cut things in my case if it does not fit?
  19. I think are a better question is are you ever going to buy ? lol
  20. notty22 said:
    I think are a better question is are you ever going to buy ? lol

When I have the money yes. Right now I do not have enough because I also need a new PSU.
  21. @OP
    if you think it is going to be a tight fit, or arent sure give it an extra inch of space. also, i have seen some 90degree PCI-E 6pin power connecter adapters. might have to get one for myself, once i buy a new card.

only using this as a reference photo
    http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130394842420
  22. I bought it and it works pretty well.
  23. wait you bought what? the videocard? did you have to buy an adap[ter? did said adapter work? *crosses fingers*
  24. Yes, i did by the video card and it works great.
  25. did you have to use an adapter though? i am more interested in knowing if the adapter worked lol. whats your thoughts on adapter if used. cool new card eh?! :D
  26. Yeah, I had to use an adapter. The top DVI-port on both the cards I received did not work, but I think that you need to use one for the other to become active or something. The performance of the card is fantastic though. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Gtx Graphics