• Netgear WNDR3700
  • 0 %
  • Linksys WRT320N
  • 0 %
  • Linksys WRT610N
  • 50 %
September 22, 2010 3:30:06 AM

Hello everyone,

After crawling through wireless reviews, my selection of wireless routers have been narrowed down to the following:

Can anyone recommend a selection?

Also if possible, could you state why?

**Edit**
I am currently using D-link DI-624 and I have numerous issues with the router. Firstly, it's the wireless range. It is very limited even after upgrading the antenna to ANT24-0700, an omnidirectional antenna. Next, it's the wireless connection. It will take ages for the router to assign an IP address through DHCP and I have the latest firmware. The security measure is WPA2-PSK. Lastly, it's the random reboot issue.

Would it be a good idea to upgrade? I am seeking better range, connection and no stupid reboot issues. However, the chance is slim as I found (according to some people in other forums) that the antenna extends the wireless range far greater than what wireless-N routers are capable of doing.

More about : wireless routers

September 23, 2010 1:50:18 AM

I am in the exact same position. And I am trying to find which is better, too.
September 23, 2010 2:09:19 AM

But hardly anyone is voting ....
Related resources
September 24, 2010 1:31:46 AM

BUMP!
September 24, 2010 2:27:22 AM

It seems like we're both looking for answers yet hardly anyone notices :( 
September 30, 2010 6:09:39 PM

I'm looking too. There's just NO consensus. PCMag, vs CNET vs NewEgg.
Not only that, but the published reviews I see are generally tied to routers which Newegg has been selling (and collecting user reviews) for about 2 years already.
Surely the 802.11N "draft" issues are slowly getting addressed by better hardware and setup by now?
September 30, 2010 6:12:53 PM

And what EVER has happened to Tom's over the past couple of years? Gees, I used to come to this site for info just like CNET and PCMag, but when it comes to wireless networking and routers this site is So LAME!
!